patterns in the ivy (my recording)

yer, sorry about the bad quality...it's done with my les paul and an acoustic simulator and a bad mic :cool:

once i restring my acoustic i'll give ya'll some more recordings. i'm trying to cover some of Opeth's acoustic songs, cuz they're so great...i want to learn from them and eventually start making my own.

Other than the quality, this is really good.

Getting off topic, sort of, is that your Les Paul in your sig? If so, can I see a close up of the pickguard? It looks interesting.

My guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul...

Here's a big pic...sorry a bit out of focus...old digital camera with crappy lens.

scratch_02.jpg

Thanks ya'll :D

Mine's a Standard. My friend has a custom and I like the fretboard a lot better.

Give the Gothics a go, I like everything about them apart from the fretboard which doesn't feel AS nice, but still good. They have a thinner fretboard, easier access to the higher frets and also a thinner body.

Maybe you're using the wrong pickup or something, I don't know, but there seems to be too much "space" in your recording. Dunno how to explain.

I just have one bit of constructive criticism, your timing seems off. I don't think you're following the beat that closely, you seem to slow down and speed up. Besides that, you're hitting the notes correctly and it sounds good. Maybe try playing with the song to get a better feel for the beat.

^_^