Tabs

bsoates2000

Jul 17, 2006
Regarding tabs on the net (like powertabs) does anyone know if any of them are are absolutely 100% correct? Also do you know where you can get the Japanese tabbook online or if there's any other tabbooks coming out?

None of the tabs / transcriptions are 100% correct. A good solution is to compare them and choose what your ear says right.

Stay away from the Japanese tab book, it's awful. At least from what I've heard.

The Japanese tab book is indeed very inaccurate. It has Dressed To Kill, Of Sins and Shadows, Sea of Lies, Smoke and Mirrors, Through the Looking Glass, Fallen, and Communion and the Oracle; there are numerous errors on all instruments in all songs.

None of the tabs / transcriptions are 100% correct. A good solution is to compare them and choose what your ear says right.

Stay away from the Japanese tab book, it's awful. At least from what I've heard.

japanese books usually get the notes right, however their positioning is surprisingly fucked up. for instance, this:

D||--19-23-21-19-18-21-19-18-16-19-18-16-15-16-18-16-|
A||--------------------------------------------------|
F||--------------------------------------------------|
C||--------------------------------------------------|
G||--------------------------------------------------|
D||--------------------------------------------------|

vs. this:

D||-----23-21-------21-------------------------------|
A||--24-------24-23----24-23-21-24-23-21-20-21-23-21-|
F||--------------------------------------------------|
C||--------------------------------------------------|
G||--------------------------------------------------|
D||--------------------------------------------------|

when i know for a fact MJR plays it all on one string ffs. but if you're not 100% music-theory deficient, you should be able to get the feelings that feels best to you anyway.