Tabulature competition questions

Mikko Ilmarinen

Son of Ukko
Sep 12, 2005
Hellsinki/Finland
www.kiuas.net
Here you can post questions concerning the ongoing KIUAS tabulature competition (extravaganza!)...if you're having difficulties I might even give a hint! Actually I'll give you one right away: if you don't already have it, download the winamp pacemaker plug-in from their site. You can use it to slow down tough parts (there are probably many other programs to do this as well). Also if you're having second thoughts about sending us your transcription and think it's crappy or something, just send it!!! This is supposed to be fun! That also means that if your actual transcription isn't too accurate or professional, you can compensate by for example decorating it with amazing artwork etc. :D :loco:

And in the name of Ukko, KEEP SHREDDING!!!

One question: When will the competition end? I've been making a Warrior Soul-tab, but it might take me quite long to finish it :)
I wonder if anyone else is even trying to make a tab, since nobody has written anything to this thread... :D

Joonas said:
One question: When will the competition end? I've been making a Warrior Soul-tab, but it might take me quite long to finish it :)
I wonder if anyone else is even trying to make a tab, since nobody has written anything to this thread... :D

Well, of course it takes a while to transcribe...let's say, a whole song, but as (I hope) I stated clearly, you can also send little bits and riffs if you want to. Since the competition just begun a short while ago, we haven't received transcriptions yet, and until we get some, the competition is on. When we decide we have enough, we'll decide about the prizes. And still after that, the competition will go on, all good transcribers will be rewarded further in the future as well. So keep working and send it in, we'll see about the others soon enough!
And oh yeah, since we forgot to include addresses in the announcement on our website, here they are.
If you have a hand-written transcription, you can send it to me:

Mikko Salovaara
Merimiehenkatu 25D49
00150 Helsinki
Finland

Or you can send stuff to our e-mail address kiuas@email.com
Keep working and keep up the shred! :headbang:

Two friends and myself have also been working on a Warrior Soul tab. It's too bad that it's the same tab, but we don't really feel like starting another song because we are a good way into our tab and Warrior Soul fucking rocks. Hopefully, if three of us are working on the same tab, we will still each get a prize if we win something.

Adam Fiske said:
Two friends and myself have also been working on a Warrior Soul tab. It's too bad that it's the same tab, but we don't really feel like starting another song because we are a good way into our tab and Warrior Soul fucking rocks. Hopefully, if three of us are working on the same tab, we will still each get a prize if we win something.

It's okay to work on the same song, it's interesting to get some different interpretations...and yes, I know that it's a lot of hard work, so we WILL reward all good transcribers - that means everyone who has done a little bit of honest work. Ukko rewards those who deserve it!!! It really depends on how many transcriptions we get (once again).

Oh yeah, as a bonus I promise to buy a beer for the person who transcribes one of the toughest solos well enough (let's say The spirit of Ukko, On winds..., Warrior soul). Of course if you're not from Finland, it might take a while to fulfill that promise...:p

Adam Fiske said:

Maybe four now, I'm gonna see what I can do with the tab you sent me. . .that keyboard part is insane.

Don't know 'bout the others, but I'm making my Warrior Soul -tab for all instruments (guitars, bass, keys, drums), with GuitarPro 4. But now I'm stuck with some parts of the guitar solo :cry:

Ecliptica said:
Vocal melodies might be a lot easier than these damn guitar parts. Fiske and I are hard at work trying to finish some stuff. . .I really want to work on "Across the Snows" if and when we ever get "Warrior Soul" finished.

Allright, IF any of you are still working on something, please send them now, so we can close the competition which should have ended a while ago, sorry about that... OR at least post here if you are still going to send us a tab. Thanks!

I emailed you guys my stuff (I only made it up to the solo of Warrior Soul), but I tabbed everything: guitars, bass, keys, drums and vocals.