Tales from the Netflix queue: Exam

Ya know, I've watched some of the stuff that Netflix has recommended because of what I 'liked'... They got a good thing going on over there because I've checked out some of their recommends that I'd never heard of before.. Just saw 50 Dead Men Walking and I liked it - it was a little slow in parts but it was still good..

Talking of weird flicks - Velvet Goldmine.. WOW a very interesting wow... I don't think I disliked it but I wasn't sure if I liked it either... It held my interest tho

We watched this nice, little fucked up movie last night. Thumbs up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkdt2Sygew0

Looks cool!

And for what has so far been the ultimate mindF**K of a movie, I can not reccommend "Srpski Film" aka "A Serbian Film" This movie is so devoid of morals and soul that I watched it, deleted it, and am not sure if I should have watched it or not. It's not the kind of movie you can even watch with other people, they'd be too busy saying WTF is WRONG with you....

I DO want to see Audition though :heh:

You want messed up...watch Audition. Here is a quick revew:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7CQvmNF8l0&feature=related

Audition was good but not really messed up....you want messed up watch...

INSIDE......a film about a lady after someones baby and wants to take it....from the womb. Not just a gore film but a well acted thriller with lots of gore.

MARTYRS......it is best not to know a thing before watching it and watching it unravel.

SALO: 120 DAYS OF SODOM......the director was murdered a few days after the release of this classic film.

BULLY....a great true story about a group of white trash youths murdering thier freind who mentally and physically abuses them. Most realistic film about youth I have seen.

DOGTOOTH....a film about parents who have a large wall around thier house and raise thier kids in odd ways. Giving new words meaning. Hiring someone to have sex with them. They can only leave once they lose thier dogtooth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you liked "Exam."

I didn't think Audition was as good as people make it out to be. It has some gore, and the plot is tweaked, but I was really expecting something wild for all the hype I had heard over the years. Let down.

If you want something different, check out "Bad Boy Bubby." It's a little known Australian film, and wasn't even available on DVD till a few years ago. I had watched it on a converted VHS from a guy I worked with. In fact, we use to give it to all the new hires at the startup I worked at. One person came back and and said they didn't want to work with us. :haha

Anyway, it's different, but awesome.

Audition was good but not really messed up....you want messed up watch...

INSIDE......a film about a lady after someones baby and wants to take it....from the womb. Not just a gore film but a well acted thriller with lots of gore.

MARTYRS......it is best not to know a thing before watching it and watching it unravel.

SALO: 120 DAYS OF SODOM......the director was murdered a few days after the release of this classic film.

BULLY....a great true story about a group of white trash youths murdering thier freind who mentally and physically abuses them. Most realistic film about youth I have seen.

DOGTOOTH....a film about parents who have a large wall around thier house and raise thier kids in odd ways. Giving new words meaning. Hiring someone to have sex with them. They can only leave once they lose thier dogtooth.

Cool! thanks for the reqs! I'll look into obtaining these. The last 20 minutes of Audition were a little twisted, nothing compared to Sprski Film, which will be QUITE hard to top.......I'll get to these asap, all sound cool.......:headbang:

Glad you liked "Exam."

I didn't think Audition was as good as people make it out to be. It has some gore, and the plot is tweaked, but I was really expecting something wild for all the hype I had heard over the years. Let down.

If you want something different, check out "Bad Boy Bubby." It's a little known Australian film, and wasn't even available on DVD till a few years ago. I had watched it on a converted VHS from a guy I worked with. In fact, we use to give it to all the new hires at the startup I worked at. One person came back and and said they didn't want to work with us. :haha

Anyway, it's different, but awesome.

LOL! I'll have to look for this too..... :heh: