Tama StarClassic Birch/Bubinga Drum Samples

kontroldkhaos

Jul 29, 2011
i took a go at making drum samples of my Birch/Bubinga kit today. im still new to this game, so it might not be up to industry specs . but im trying .i do have raws if some out there would like to do them right.i would like that,lol. but i don't think they are to bad, these files are in WAV format and GOG.i would like some feed back if possible, but enjoy..

download includes
pork pie maple snare
10 high tom
12 mid tom
16 floor tom

i didn't have enough time to do the Kick yet but that will be coming soon.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36714049/Tama StarClassic Birch Bubinga.rar

Thanks man, but they sound way too short. Like you've gated them or cut off the tail of the drum way too early. Very unnatural. Maybe you could re-edit them and not cut the samples so short? I like to stick a long slow fade on them so you get the natural decay.

thank you for your feed back,i used the auto trim the silence feature.prolly shouldn't of done that.but i think your right, first time making samples it was a learning experience, but if you want the raw tracks i can dropbox them and you can give it a try..im by no means a pro..still very very green ,lol and curious as to what magic can be made with them..i need good samples of my kits :) im gonna fix them and re upload them here soon. but other than them being to short,,they sounded ok?

sorry, i got new monitors this weekend, so i didn't get a chance to sample my kick drum yet.but i will be doing the kick real soon.:popcorn:

looking forward to sampling the kick, with the kick i plan on providing the raw samples along with EQ'ed ones and of course the GOG for the EQ'ed. i was considering redoing the snare. any thoughts on that?

looking forward to sampling the kick, with the kick i plan on providing the raw samples along with EQ'ed ones and of course the GOG for the EQ'ed. i was considering redoing the snare. any thoughts on that?

Sounds sweet.. :)
Well, hey.. if you have the time and patience then I, for one, would never say no to new samples.. though I'd love to have a longer tail on samples.. the tails are still a bit short..
If you do resample the snare you could try another tuning or something different..
And again, thanks for the samples..!

Sounds sweet.. :)
Well, hey.. if you have the time and patience then I, for one, would never say no to new samples.. though I'd love to have a longer tail on samples.. the tails are still a bit short..
If you do resample the snare you could try another tuning or something different..
And again, thanks for the samples..!

are you talking about the tom samples? i let them ring all the way out before cutting them..but im not completely satisfied with the snare so i will prolly end up redoing it..i love free samples to.ive acquired a nice collection from the forum so i like to give back if i can

are you talking about the tom samples? i let them ring all the way out before cutting them..but im not completely satisfied with the snare so i will prolly end up redoing it..i love free samples to.ive acquired a nice collection from the forum so i like to give back if i can

Yeah, the snare could use some tail.. so.. go for it.. :)