TANKARD reissues

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
Just picked up some of the TANKARD reissues. I find it interesting that Universal (rightsholder to parts of the Noise catalog) reissued their entire back catalog but allows bands like Running Wild, Voivod and Coroner to remain out of print. Makes no sense to me.

Anyone else get the Tankards?

Just picked up some of the TANKARD reissues. I find it interesting that Universal (rightsholder to parts of the Noise catalog) reissued their entire back catalog but allows bands like Running Wild, Voivod and Coroner to remain out of print. Makes no sense to me.

Anyone else get the Tankards?

I believe these are European reissues? When I ordered the first two Tankard albums from Nuclear Blast Europe they were very cheap (5 Euros each, and they had everything up to "The Tankard" for that price). It might have something to do with licensing issues in Europe vs. North America, but I'm honestly not sure. I definitely enjoyed them though!

I have all those Tankard reissues. The Running Wild albums were reissued in 1999, at least here in Europe, but those are since long sold out and impossible to find. Coroner were reprinted a couple of years ago and sold at a very low price here in Europe at least. I got them for about $8 a piece.

I remember reading a few years back that The End would be doing reissues of the VOIVOD catalogue. It was even on the bands official website. Something happened though and it never materialized. Extremely annoying.

I have all those Tankard reissues. The Running Wild albums were reissued in 1999, at least here in Europe, but those are since long sold out and impossible to find. Coroner were reprinted a couple of years ago and sold at a very low price here in Europe at least. I got them for about $8 a piece.

I remember reading a few years back that The End would be doing reissues of the VOIVOD catalogue. It was even on the bands official website. Something happened though and it never materialized. Extremely annoying.

Licensing issues halted VOIVOD if I am not mistaken. Universal in USA has been long rumored to not give a crap about the Noise rights they have. Which is evident by lack of any reissues of any band. Some bands fortunately have reclaimed their rights other aren't so lucky.

There are so many Noise albums and bands that would deserve proper treatment. Pain "Insanity", Asgard "In the Ancient Days", Tyran Pace, SADO, V2, Mania "Changing Times", Deathrow "Deception Ignored" etc. I don't understand why a label like Universal doesn't just give up the rights and hand them over to proper metal labels like yours.

There are so many Noise albums and bands that would deserve proper treatment. Pain "Insanity", Asgard "In the Ancient Days", Tyran Pace, SADO, V2, Mania "Changing Times", Deathrow "Deception Ignored" etc. I don't understand why a label like Universal doesn't just give up the rights and hand them over to proper metal labels like yours.

I ask the same question daily. I am trying my best to rescue what i can working directly with bands.

It's interesting about Running Wild. While they were active (before quitting and staring up again that is) no one cared about their albums. I remember buying those remasters of the first 8 albums in 2008 I think, replacing my originals. They cost 79 SEK ($9) a piece and were available exactly everywhere - here in Sweden at least. When they quit people suddenly HAD TO HAVE them and now I see them selling for $30-80 on Swedish Ebay (Tradera). It's a case of everyone loves you when you're dead I think :lol:

I hope Cherry Red/Lemon keeps reissuing the entire catalogue so people won't have to pay insane money for them. Rolf at least stated they would as long as "Gates..." showed some promise saleswise.

It's interesting about Running Wild. While they were active (before quitting and staring up again that is) no one cared about their albums. I remember buying those remasters of the first 8 albums in 2008 I think, replacing my originals. They cost 79 SEK ($9) a piece and were available exactly everywhere - here in Sweden at least. When they quit people suddenly HAD TO HAVE them and now I see them selling for $30-80 on Swedish Ebay (Tradera). It's a case of everyone loves you when you're dead I think :lol:

I hope Cherry Red/Lemon keeps reissuing the entire catalogue so people won't have to pay insane money for them. Rolf at least stated they would as long as "Gates..." showed some promise saleswise.

I bet Rolf is saying that because the licensing fee from Universal was so outrageous that they have to sell a bunch of these just to break even. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

maybe the first two albums (War and Pain and Rrröööaaarrr) would need to be remastered because the sound is really rubbish at some times but it always depends on the personal preference.
I think those albums would need to be remastered but the rest of Voivod's backcatalologue is top notch and there is not really a reason for it.