tapco s8 monitors anyone

iamdunker

Jun 28, 2008
ok, so musicians friend has these on sale right now for $199 cause tapco is done with i assume. So i ordered and hopefully they will kick the crap out of my m audio bx5a. Anyone have any experience with these mons?
thx chris

i could find nothing but good reviews on the googler so i hope i am not wasting money

I have a pair of Tapco S5s in front of me right now actually :)
i love them, really nice monitors, the quality is well beyond their price.

i'd assume the S8 is the same deal but with 8" drivers. in that case i think you'll be very happy with them. especially compared to the bx5a.

we had those bx5a things in the college edit rooms, and i was never very impressed with them. as a classmate (who posts here as "if6was9") puts it :

"trying to EQ on them is an excercise in futility"

Tapco FTW! :kickass:

i think my mate (The_Shred) has the tapco S5s and he can produce some good mixes!!

however when i listened with my mixes that ive referenced on many systems i heard them compressing and a tad bottomy, could be the way his room was setup, but i cant help but wondering if it was partly down to the speakers!

Yeah no doubt my room is the issue there. They are good monitors, I assume you have seen the S8's in person? They are HUGE!

But yeah crackin' price, don't think you will be dissapointed :)

Dude, Mark, James' room is abysmal if pics are anything to go by, so yeah, I wouldn't blame the monitors :D I like my Tapco PA speaker that I have, they're Mackie's budget division in case you didn't know, and both companies seem to be really good at delivering bang for the buck!

Since their 8" speakers though, just make sure to get some room treatment! (at least Auralex MoPads to decouple them)