Target to carry Dragonforce 'Inhuman Rampage'!

Empress said:
This could be a good thing, or this can become annoying.
Duhhhhh, i don't really understand what you are trying to say, it is a good thing for alot of people that a mainstream store like target is going to carry the CD and at a good price for some of us people who DON'T live in a major market, and oh yeah Target is owned by a UK consortium, so it might just be that the music buyer for the chain is into DF. But i really don't understand how it could be annoying. Who cares if they become mainstream, this might just get more Power/Progressive music on radios and in large chain stores.

Well, what happens to some bands who get really popular is that if it isn't lasting, and is more "flavor of the month" as someone put it, they could possibly get dropped from the label.

Once you sort of "hit it big" it is sometimes hard to go back, which has caused some bands to break up.

The only thing so far that annoys me about the Dragonforce popularity is that they are touring with shitty bands.

In Europe, they tour with bands like Power Quest. Here, since they are pushed by Roadrunner, we would have to go to Ozzfest to see them. Even their last tour had crap openers (Not that the openers should matter, but it would be nice to see some more deserving power metal bands support them who could benefit from the exposure).

The big problem with hitting it big is the pressure to continue the trend on the next album. Many bands "sell out" to keep their record sales up and go with safe albums that general fans will except and the old fans won't appreciate. It doesn't always happen but a lot of times it does. I don't care who listens to a band as long as the band makes their albums the way they want to and not what the general populace wants to hear (or the labels think they want to hear).

The only problem I see is that most bands that have come close to hitting it big over here seem to implode. I'm thinking of Stratovarius and Nightwish.