Tarja Covers Alice Cooper

Anette might just yodel through it all.

Tarja sings it fine. Its a cover that doesn't try to mimick the original, especially in singing style. So it comes down to if you like the song that way, and I think its fine.

I rarely like covers. I'm used to the origional version, so covers always sound off to me.

Anette might just yodel through it all.
:rolleyes: Better than hooting like an owl through it all. :lol:
Why did she cover that!! That song doesn't really fit her voice. Thus, it sounds bad!!
I also though that the style they re-did it in doesn't fit the song, IMO. It sound like a mix of something pop you might hear at a dance club with an opera. I understand that operatic style is just Tarja's singing style, but the mix of the two still sound weird to me in this instance.

I don't think any Alice Cooper song would sound good covered in Operatic style vocals, thats the only reason I mentioned Anette. Any girl singer (not just Anette) with a more pop genre vocal style could make an Alice Cooper song have an original twist, and it would sound way more appealing than what I just heard.

and for the record I do admire Tarja's vocal strengths, but its not something I enjoy hearing daily. Tarja's voice is one of those "I feel like hearing something like that today" voices, but its a great voice none the less.

Im not sure if I would call it awful but it was... different. Towards the end it started to grow on me. I am really curious of what the entire song sounds like. It was an odd choice for a song to cover though.

You have here IMO the thing that ruins a lot of this style music for me: the vocals have little to nothing to do with the music to my ears... they sound "laid on top" and distract from anything else going on. What that is in technical terms, you'd have to ask someone else, and I realize the answer may well be "that means Shaye can't hear for shit." :b

Not terrible, but merely... ehhh.

Shaye