Tarot

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005
Tarot kind of belongs in the family, don't you agree? :)

During the past two years Tarot have made themselves more popular than ever. They hit their first ever #1 single with "You" in Finland, Crows Fly Black sold and is still selling very well in Europe since they signed on Nuclear Blast for internetional delivery and toured in many Central European countries.

I had a beer or two last night with Zac, Marco and Pecu before the awesome gig they played in Kouvola, Finland. While chatting this and that, I also asked them about their plans for the future and Zac was kind enough to reveal something they have in mind.

Right now they are finishing their summer tour in Finland, which will culminate on Fri, Aug 17. in shooting their 25th anniversary gig at Club Työnkulma, (also called "Rupla") Kuopio, Finland on a DVD, to be released sometime next year. That DVD will be a must have for all Tarot fans for sure. :kickass:

When Marco will hit the road in October with Nightwish, the other guys will concentrate on preparing and making new material for the band. They have a couple of gigs scheduled in the end of this year when they play at concerts openign for Nightwish with several other bands, but those kind of double gigs will be exceptions.
Most of the next two years Marco will be gone for four week legs and visit home for a week or two in between, but as we know, there's lots of idle time on tours to kill, so he will use some of it to write lyrics and put his musical ideas together and send them home for the other guys to work on further at Janne's excellent studio.
When the Nw tour ends after summer 2009, Tarot should have their new CD ready to launch very soon and then they'll start touring when Nw in turn will have a break for year and a half to prepare a new CD. This means a lot of work for Marco, but he's not complaining, it's all he want's to do for living.

Oh, here are my pics from the gig at The House Of Rock last night, Aug 10. 2007. Enjoy! :cool:

My old Tarot pics can be accessed in the respective sub-folders *here*

Man, it's all happening for Tarot. I can't wait for the DVD.

Those double concerts must be killer. To tell the truth, i don't know how he manages being in two extremely successful bands. At least not without being sick all the time!

Three weeks ago K.K. Downing (guitarist of Judas Priest if someone didn't know :Smug:) called Zachary Hietala and conducted an interview with him for his website K.K. Downing Steel Mill :kickass:

Zac happened to be in a car travelling to somewhere for a party with a bunch of noisy friends and he told on the Tarot msgboard that they all shut their traps one by one in sheer amazement when they realized who he was talking with on the cellphone. :cool:

Right now the interview is linked on the K.K. Downing fornt page, but here is a direct link to it: *click*

Related to the interview Steel Mill also posted Tarot CD reviews of their latest release Crows Fly Black (2006) and the old classic Follow Me Into Madness (1988).

Happy reading :headbang:

Thanks for that, St. Enigma. Very enjoyable read. Do you have anymore info about the DVD ? I have to try and get hold of that when it comes out!

Nothing more than Zac said in the interview already, the DVD wil be out next spring, but they don't ahve a date set yet. It'll take the time it takes to sort the kilometers of videotape they have shot during the two+ decades of their career, then compile and finish the DVD. All we can do is to wait and keep an eye on the Tarot website unti they'll announce the release date. :)