Tasty djent-ish band, first mix with the A7X and the UAD2

pifos_2

des scoubidoubidous wha !
Jan 15, 2007
Netherlands
www.myspace.com
so yeah I could use a bit of feedback, I am quite not in my comfort zone there :)

i'd say i am about half-way in the mix for this track. a lot of was already done during the production.

any feedback would be appreciated!

Guitars are Schecter C1 EX baritone to AXE-FX. Vocals are SM7 to FMR RNC to GAP Pre-73.
In the fireface UC. Pro Tools 10 for the mix with UAD2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything sounds good but I think that you could add a touch of 5k to the guitars. They sound good but they need a little "air" to them. Don't add much, if you do, as it will become harsh quick. Then I think this track will be complete.

Is there a bassguitar in there? I'm trying real hard to hear it but i'm not really hearing bassguitar. It's not a low-end issue because the kick has lowend (i would add a little bit more, but that's preference maybe, listening on headphones btw)

I would also lower the OH just a tiny bit and raise the snare a little. Furthermore it's a stellar mix!

Is there a bassguitar in there? I'm trying real hard to hear it but i'm not really hearing bassguitar. It's not a low-end issue because the kick has lowend (i would add a little bit more, but that's preference maybe, listening on headphones btw)

I would also lower the OH just a tiny bit and raise the snare a little. Furthermore it's a stellar mix!

+1
snare are buried, especially in double kick part :)

Cut a bit somewhere around 400 Hz
Boost snare a bit.
Something's irritating with the OH, don't know what.
Otherwise great!!!

thanks for the feedback guys!
the final mixes were delivered a while ago. but it's great to still have new opinions about it. i listen back to it with another pair of ears.

the band asked for that much overheads and i agree with you that it can get annoying :s