TDWP,WCAR, test mix,help and rate!! :)

sockerbeat

Metal-God!
Nov 30, 2010
Sweden
Hey dudes! :wave:

I have worked on this song for some days and this where I am now!
Listen and rate and give tips to evolve the sound for me

The song isn't done yet but need some advises that maybe can help me continue.
NO VOCALS are recorded YET but will come :)

Guitars: Pod Farm 2 (No add ons)
Bass: Pod Farm 2
Drums: Addictive drums/Steven Slate
and some other things
Not mastered the song yet!

don't know what to call the style of the song maybe something: we came as romans/The devil wears prada/Asking Alexandria/Breakdown of Sanity ;d
PLEASE give advises for making the guitars sound more clear! :)

LINK: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15946984/Hedlund balooo 23 sep 11 inte klar.mp3

Give your advises and help me evolve the song and mix! ;D

Oh :rofl: Updated and fixed!
Thanks!

A few things so I'll make em short and sweet
1. The guitars sound pissed off as hell, which is a good thing. But turn them down I think they might be 1db-2db too loud.
2. The velocities are very robotic sounding. Some bands like that drum machine feel, if this is what you want, then good job. If not, Change the velocities in your rolls.
3. The Piano is just, something I can't pinpoint. It's cool and it's a nice touch, but it lacks some life. Unfortunately, I don't work with piano/strings much so I can't help in telling you how to put more "energy" in them. Maybe someone else can hop on here and help us both out in that aspect. ;)

Disclaimer: All of these points are personal tastes and do not have to be taken as CONCRETE. There might be, and probably are, people on here who will love it and seek advise from YOU. So keep this in mind.

Thanks!

A few things so I'll make em short and sweet
1. The guitars sound pissed off as hell, which is a good thing. But turn them down I think they might be 1db-2db too loud.
2. The velocities are very robotic sounding. Some bands like that drum machine feel, if this is what you want, then good job. If not, Change the velocities in your rolls.
3. The Piano is just, something I can't pinpoint. It's cool and it's a nice touch, but it lacks some life. Unfortunately, I don't work with piano/strings much so I can't help in telling you how to put more "energy" in them. Maybe someone else can hop on here and help us both out in that aspect. ;)

Disclaimer: All of these points are personal tastes and do not have to be taken as CONCRETE. There might be, and probably are, people on here who will love it and seek advise from YOU. So keep this in mind.

Thx dude!
Will low the guitars and try to make something of it and VERY good criticism.
I will try to make some reverb or something at the piano ;d
Peace!

Good job sock!!i think that the piano is ok....just alittle bit of reverb...but i also think that you have to set the eq of the channel and not just the one of pod farm...i would do like that! ;) According to Tommy the velocities are too robotic and fake ;)

my thoughts (opinions):

-start with level control in the fader section first... then move onto dynamics processing (compression, limiting).
-too much gain on the guitars, lacks definition. bring the gain down a lot and +/- equalization in an effort to reenforce detail to the guitars.
-drums are indeed too artificial, need to crank these out individually... velocity is your best friend. and it won't hurt to knock some cells off the grid a bit; just remember to edit the guitars & bass accordingly.

-clip the snare and toms together - then separately, limit the cymbals to bring out some detail in the stick attack.
-foot drum should be handled with frequency enhancement and minor filtering and limiting.
-piano needs processing... i.e. reverb, delay, something! - as well as velocity. ***your friend

additive and subtractive equalization is the greatest processor known to man! once you have cracked that puzzle, you can move on to the next one; dynamics... choosing whether to place the eq pre or post dynamics is a matter of situation (and even more sometimes, opinion).

the idea is there, and for the most part... it sounds okay. it will take time for you to find where it needs to be and i'm sure you will have a better understanding of the song when that time comes.

Thank you guys!
So f*cking appreciated for your help and advises!
I will try to change the velocitys on the different things :)

"Timislegend": What do you mean with clip the snare and toms together? :)
I'm very glad that you guys help!

Timislegend: I got your point i will break the puzzle ;)

Peace!