Tea Party?

midwintertears

Shadows gild the Archways
Feb 26, 2003
i so wanna quit smoking
Visit site
I was exploring a bit on the net, listening to 'new' bands that friends recommended, and I came across a Canadian band called The Tea Party.

The music is nowhere near metal, yet somehow portrays an intense atmosphere, a cocktail of feelings, lets say. (yes i know a song doesnt have to be metal to be intense, but how often do u get that?)

And oh, they remind me very very much of the 'mellow' Opeth songs, and especially of The drapery somehow. A recommended hearing!

Anybody into this band?

Reactions: Speedkill
Alex78 said:
I like them...my favourite albums are Transmission and Edges of Twilight.

Yes BIG FAN right here, have everything they have ever recorded and have seen them 4+ times, They are an amazing band that, as a three piece, pull off what most 6 piece bands only dream of!

I will attempt to to rank albums in order of preference:

The Interzone Mantra's (a heavier sound, than usual, the distortion is more prominent on this one)
Standout tracks: Angels, The master and the margharita, Lullaby, Requiem & Cathartik
The Edges of Twilight ( a lot of acoustic stuff on this album, a good experimentation with different guitars (( they love middle eastern compostions))
Standout Tracks: Sister Awake, Correspondences, The bazaar & Drawing down the moon
Transmission (an attempt to blend electronica with their already unique sound)
Standout tracks: Psychopomp (one of my all-time faves), release, Emerald & Transmission
Triptych (a more commercial album, attempting to draw more fans and please the record company)
Standout tracks: Heaven Coming Down, The messenger, Samsara, Taking me away, These living arms, Chimera
Splendor Solis (the development of their style not necessarily my least fave, just haven't listened to it as much)
Standout tracks: The River, A certain slant of light, Save Me

In summation, They are a fantastic bunch of musos/songwriters and are one of my fave bands of all time, highly recommended to any Opeth fan!

yea, there are quite a few people here who love em...i think metalmancpa is a huge fan as well....

my fav. album would probably the edges of twilight or the interzone mantras

and yes schism, psychopomp is probably their best song IMO

I like The Egdes of Twight and Interzone Mantras the best but I don't think that you could go wrong with any of their discs. Does anyone else hear some similarities with the last few Stone Temple Pilots discs?

TEA PARTY!

Easily one of my fav bands!

I especially love the middle-eastern instrumentation!
Although they're not necessarily "metal", I've never heard a metal fan who's heard their music state he didn't like them!
As stated above, they do share the "metal instensity", or "epic feeling" that metal usually monopolizes.

My fav album from TP is:
"Edges of Twilight"

If you're interested in D/L some more songs, these are what I'd recommend:

"Fire in the Head"
"Halcyon Days"
"The Master & the Marghuerita"
"Walking Wounded"

And their music crosses so many genres: rock, blues, folk, industrial, metal, world, progressive, etc.

SoundMaster said:
TEA PARTY!

Easily one of my fav bands!

I especially love the middle-eastern instrumentation!
Although they're not necessarily "metal", I've never heard a metal fan who's heard their music state he didn't like them!
As stated above, they do share the "metal instensity", or "epic feeling" that metal usually monopolizes. ....

K thanksfor the recommendations :) I'll keep that in mind

np: My dying Bride - Your River

Alex78 said:
I like them...my favourite albums are Transmission and Edges of Twilight.

Yeah those a damn good albums, but IMO their best is Splendor Solis!!. And it is so true, they are almost like a 6-piece band when they are on stage. I've only had the pleasure of seeing them live once, but it is totally memorable. I can't say I enjoy their newer work as much as their older but they never release the same thing twice.

But holy fuck, there are many fans on this site, im totally surprised about that!

Indeed they are a great band. My fav albums would be transmission and the edges of twilight. I think tryptich is quite lame (except for The Halcyon Days,of course, how come nobody has mentioned that one,check it out). Also Mantra off their latest album rocks. But my most favorite is probably psychopomp too. Enjoy

Pork Rind Toes said:
Indeed they are a great band. My fav albums would be transmission and the edges of twilight. I think tryptich is quite lame (except for The Halcyon Days,of course, how come nobody has mentioned that one,check it out). Also Mantra off their latest album rocks. But my most favorite is probably psychopomp too. Enjoy

Yes I forgot to mention Halcyon Days and Fire in the head, excellent tunes.
Apparently they are in the studio now BONARS

Agreed...one of my absolute favorite bands. Their dvd is cool too, especially for me who can't see them on MuchMusic. My favorite is The Edges of Twilight ...the bazaar and sister awake being my favorites. Triptych is awesome too....these living arms is my favorite off that album, a beautiful song. Transmission is friggin amazing too, hell all of their stuff rules. The River is a cool song and video as well...they're definitely a top 5 of mine.