Tearing Up The Skies!!!!

Dave - Power of Omens

some guitar player
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
powerofomens.com
I just wanted to publicly thank my great friend Jesse!!!!

1st off with the hell I went through last week over some personal issues, I'm surprised that I'm still sane... :lol:

Well, after explaining to him briefly of my grief towards the end of the week, he asked if I would be interested in unwinding a bit by going flying with him on Saturday. At first I was a bit hesitant, as the only flying I've ever done was on commercial airlines... but then I thought, what the hell, I need to start living life a little!!! Well, I met Jesse early Saturday morning at his place, and we headed out to a small air strip outside of San Antonio.
After a very detailed inspection of the plane, we hopped in, and and headed out. For the first few minutes I was a bit nervous, as the following names started to run through my head: Randy Rhodes, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buddy Holly, Clapton's band... yeah I know these are not good names to think of at a time like this, and yeah I know I'm no where in the league of these guys, but none the less, they were guitarists and so am I.... :lol:
Well, after a bit, everything became smooth, and Jesse being a certified flight instructor started giving me a few tips and lessons. THEN.... he turned the plane over to me!!! :OMG: OMG!!! was this such a rush!!! I could not believe that I was actually flying this plane. He fed me a few destination points so that I could practive my turns and my elevation maintanence. It was such an amazing feeling!!! Although it doesn't top sex :lol: it was still exhilarating
...and so euphoric!!! I'm actually thinking of taking him up on his offer ..and learning how to fly so that I can get my pilots license.
I'll post a few pics tonight. ;)

THANKS JESSE!!!
Now I can say that I've actually flown a plane!!!!

~D

Very cool, man!!! I have several friends who have their private pilots license - one is even learning how to fly a helicoptor.

But, I still haven't worked up the nerve to go up there myself :)

Dave - Power of Omens said:
I just wanted to publicly thank my great friend Jesse!!!!

1st off with the hell I went through last week over some personal issues, I'm surprised that I'm still sane... :lol:

Well, after explaining to him briefly of my grief towards the end of the week, he asked if I would be interested in unwinding a bit by going flying with him on Saturday. At first I was a bit hesitant, as the only flying I've ever done was on commercial airlines... but then I thought, what the hell, I need to start living life a little!!! Well, I met Jesse early Saturday morning at his place, and we headed out to a small air strip outside of San Antonio.
After a very detailed inspection of the plane, we hopped in, and and headed out. For the first few minutes I was a bit nervous, as the following names started to run through my head: Randy Rhodes, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buddy Holly, Clapton's band... yeah I know these are not good names to think of at a time like this, and yeah I know I'm no where in the league of these guys, but none the less, they were guitarists and so am I.... :lol:
Well, after a bit, everything became smooth, and Jesse being a certified flight instructor started giving me a few tips and lessons. THEN.... he turned the plane over to me!!! :OMG: OMG!!! was this such a rush!!! I could not believe that I was actually flying this plane. He fed me a few destination points so that I could practive my turns and my elevation maintanence. It was such an amazing feeling!!! Although it doesn't top sex :lol: it was still exhilarating
...and so euphoric!!! I'm actually thinking of taking him up on his offer ..and learning how to fly so that I can get my pilots license.
I'll post a few pics tonight. ;)

THANKS JESSE!!!
Now I can say that I've actually flown a plane!!!!

~D
Wow! That's awesome! Maybe once/if you get your pilots license, you can fly over here and give me that private PofO concert we've discussed. ;)

~Meg

rgbeach said:
Very cool, man!!! I have several friends who have their private pilots license - one is even learning how to fly a helicoptor.

But, I still haven't worked up the nerve to go up there myself :)
You know Bob... I felt the same way...even as we were leaving the ground... :lol:
But I tell ya what... it's such an awesome feeling once you've tried it!!! ;)

~D