Tears For Fears

GazerOfStars

New Metal Member
Oct 7, 2002
Holland
www.cu2.nl
I love this band...anyone into these popdudez?
It has some great emotion in the music and I love the singers' voice!! Absolutely my favorit 80's popband, though I'm into Bowie and Kate Bush aswell..

I think those 80's songs have formed me into what I am right now because when I was an 7 year old boy my ears learned to know their tunes and all I could do was enjoy the melody and dream away...

80's music has that special feeling I rarely hear in today's popmusic...all hail the 80's!!!

Niek.

If you ask me the only decade that had great popmusic was the 60's!!!! There are a coule of 80's songs that I like (Level 42, King, Rockwell, Dead or Alive and probably some more), but they usually get a little tiresome after 10-20 listens and I rarely listen to them nowadays. I'm 21 so I was a kid in the 80's as well, but I don't look back on that period with joy. More with disgust! Maybe it's because I started getting into 70's funk and then other types of music that the 80's seem so disgusting. When I was a kid I really liked the synths and electric drum sounds, but when I look at it now it's awful! Too synthetic and everything that was good in the 70's turned to pure crap in the 80's! As I said there are some songs I can accept, and Tears for Fears are okay. I wouldn't go buy their records, but songs like "Shout" & "Sowing the seeds of love" are okay.
Didn't we discuss them not so long ago by the way?

well the 60's are okay aswell but i'm not that "deep into" history;-) and it is very well possible you guys discussed about the 80's & Tears for Fears just recently, but I'm new here so I don't know:)
anyway take care
cheerz
Niek