Technical Melodic Death Metal?

Mr. Leviathan

Jun 21, 2008
Does such a (sub)genre exist? If so, does Quo Vadis come under this? Regardless, can anyone recommend bands similar to Quo Vadis?

I don't think "Technical" is a used term. Though Quo Vadis are pretty technical (and can't wait to see the new formation...). I can't find any bands that looks like theirs. But I know a lot of bands from Quebec are taking that kind of direction.

Ok, thanks.

I listened to the latest album by The Faceless - Planetary Duality - and although the instrumentation is brilliant, the music as a whole is a bit too erratic for my tastes. Quo Vadis and Allegaeon (another good band) are not as technical and perhaps that's why the music flows better.

Martyr, also from Quebec are pretty similar, except for the vocs that are quite different and the music being... I dunno more agressive(?). I personally think they are better than Quo Vadis.
www.myspace.com/martyrcanada

Martyr is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more technical. Martyr is PURE technic and insanity, and sometime it justs sounds like total chaos, which is not the case with Quo Vadis, that uses more defined structures and everything. Still, I love both bands equally.

cynic is more progressive metal than anything...there's really not much death metalish about them other than the extreme vocals. listen to the music by itself on focus and see for yourself.