Ted Leonard to join Spock's Beard

TheLongshot

Feb 11, 2002
Visit site
For those who don't know, Nick stepped down from the band last week to do his own thing. Personally, it is going to be nice hearing Ted on albums again.

From SpocksBeard.com

Announcing – Spock’s Beard has a new recording and touring lineup!

To keep bringing you the finest Prog Rock, we’ve brought on board the amazing vocalist/guitarist Ted Leonard (Enchant, Thought Chamber) and Jimmy Keegan (Santana, John Waite), who’s been our tour drummer for close to 10 years. If you know these guys, you know they’re world class. They bring exciting new energy and creativity to the party.

We regret that Nick D’Virgilio, a founding member of the band, good friend and incredible talent is unable to continue with us due to his other commitments. Please continue to support him, check out his new solo CD “Pieces,” go see him with Cirque du Soleil and follow whatever other madness he's up to. He’s awesome. We wish him the best of luck and the success he deserves. We wouldn’t be here without NDV!

Look for a new live Spock’s Beard DVD and extensive European tour in early 2012, followed by our 11th studio release sometime in the summer. We’re energized and excited, and will be posting updates and sound samples as we progress.

Thank you for continuing to support us through the years and changes.

Interesting news...... I am very curious to hear what this sounds like, as I (personally) was not a huge fan of the Nick-era SB albums.

To be honest, I kinda lost track of Spock's Beard after Octane, tho I keep getting told that the latest one, X, is very good. Personally, tho, I wasn't a big fan of Nick's vocals.

Coincidently, an Enchant song just popped up on my MP3 player...

If this means Ted is no longer in Enchant, then this SUCKS BIG TIME.

However, if it means that Ted is now in BOTH bands, and that being in SB will inspire him to get Enchant moving in putting out that long-overdue next CD, then YIPPPEEEEEE!!! :)

Curious to see what the next SB sounds like when Ted puts his vocal stamp (and songwriting influence) on the band, in either way. I've also sort of lost track of SB, so this might renew my interest a bit....unless the SB involvement DOES kill Enchant, in which case I'll never forgive them. :(

If this means Ted is no longer in Enchant, then this SUCKS BIG TIME.

However, if it means that Ted is now in BOTH bands, and that being in SB will inspire him to get Enchant moving in putting out that long-overdue next CD, then YIPPPEEEEEE!!! :)

Curious to see what the next SB sounds like when Ted puts his vocal stamp (and songwriting influence) on the band, in either way. I've also sort of lost track of SB, so this might renew my interest a bit....unless the SB involvement DOES kill Enchant, in which case I'll never forgive them. :(

I totally agree, Craig! However, I kinda get the impression that Enchant might have already been done. Not for lack of wanting, but I know the geographical challenges hurt them (we have the same issue and I know it can be difficult). With that said, HELL YEAH!!! Dude, I'd be happy if Ted was singing the phonebook, so to have him with SB is awesome news! Like so many others here, I sort of lost touch with them after Neal left. We played BARFest with them and also opened at Jaxx for them, but it wasn't quite the same. Ted in the band? Color me VERY interested!!!!

I totally agree, Craig! However, I kinda get the impression that Enchant might have already been done. Not for lack of wanting, but I know the geographical challenges hurt them (we have the same issue and I know it can be difficult). With that said, HELL YEAH!!! Dude, I'd be happy if Ted was singing the phonebook, so to have him with SB is awesome news! Like so many others here, I sort of lost touch with them after Neal left. We played BARFest with them and also opened at Jaxx for them, but it wasn't quite the same. Ted in the band? Color me VERY interested!!!!

Yeah, I don't think what Ted does with SB will affect much about the status of Enchant, which has so far been a very extended hibernation with no signs of the band waking up from it.

Rick! What's up man?

Well the buzz from Ted and Ed is GOOD news. They are saying they are going to start laying plans for their long awaited 8th album!
:headbang:

Rick! What's up man?

Well the buzz from Ted and Ed is GOOD news. They are saying they are going to start laying plans for their long awaited 8th album!
:headbang:

They've been saying that for years. I'll believe it when I see it.

For as much of a role as Nick played in this band, I wish he would have just stuck to drumming, which was certainly his strong suit. The post-Neal Morse material really didn't grab my attention. Ted might just give these guys the kick in the rear that they've needed for the past seven years. I'll be keeping an eye out for the next release.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert