Tell me what you think about it.

Mapexdrums

Jan 8, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
This is my first composition ever. I know musical theory really well and play keyboards, drums and other instruments but I somehow never tried to compose stuff. I started recently and this is something I came up with. Now it really isn't finished yet. I just want some CONSTRUCTIVE feedback or criticism. Any idea is welcomed! Thx guys.

Here's the file in gp5 :
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sygpj8 (Updated)

haha yeah I can imagine that ! but it is in fact for playing with our metal band but the guitarist can read music notes and he told me it wouldn't be a problem fortunately haha

This is my first composition ever. I know musical theory really well and play keyboards, drums and other instruments but I somehow never tried to compose stuff. I started recently and this is something I came up with. Now it really isn't finished yet. I just want some CONSTRUCTIVE feedback or criticism. Any idea is welcomed! Thx guys.

Here's the file in gp5 :
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0ckobp

Maybe the GP synth device may have sth to do with it, but it sounds quite a bit like some of those 8-bit Ninja Gaiden themes :lol:

That said, sounds like a pretty cool Heavy Metal song in progress! You should write sth for the COBOT album! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's pretty good !!!! I like it... I was angry when I came back home after my day because then I saw you had left a message on msn and I wasnt there... I'm glad I could listen to it in the end ;)

^ haha drummer jokes....I guess we simply can't escape them!

How do you tell if the stage is level?
The drummer is drooling from both sides of his mouth.

Yeah the song is alright. You achieved your basic cheesy power metal, which is said non-sarcastically. Its solid, catchy, and all that. Get a band and play it live, with epic so-lows and vocal highs! Three years, minor record deal, six name changes, leather pants, and you're underground-famous in certain circles!

Good job though, practice that stuff and it will get way better. Listen to more/different kinds of music, and pay close attention to the composition when listening to stuff, and you'll get awesome at it. I wouldn't really know, that shit takes work.