Tempe/AZ -Atreyu, Unearth, Norma Jean, Scars of Tommorw

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
Feb 12, 2005. Alright so I went to this tour that was at The Marquee Theater in Tempe, AZ, it was sold out to like 2000, I got in through guest list luckily through Bryan and Will at AMJ. I had a blast, this time I didn’t watch from afar and stood beside the hardcore pits. It was the first time I have seen any show that big in ages besides your typical Megadeth concert. Hung out with the Unearth guys a little bit, all of them actually heard of us and dig our stuff alot. Go figure lwith being label mates and all.

Ken offered to record our next album and tour for it, of course all possibilities are open. I wasn’t a big fan on how the Beyond the Embrace came out, he said the same thing, but he said we would get our money back if it didn’t sound like their own album The Oncoming Storm done by his colleague Adam D from Killswitch. So basically hes taking his studio skills up a notch these days, he is doing some bands before we need to set some time to go into the studio, so there will be examples to check out so.

I understand our own Sean Vandegrift did some work with Norma Jean as a temporary replacement and did some tours with them which is cool. Scars, I got there too late to see them in action, I heard there stuff and they are pretty good.

Atreyu had a bigger stage set up than any band I have seen on any tour besides Metallica/Pantera, they had about 9 "white" cabs on each side with 2 big smart lights on each side on top of their cabs spazzing out. I think they aim there music towards women, I like there older stuff because it was heavier but their newest album is equivalent to Avenge Sevenfold new album. Regardless they were rockin and put on a good live show, just not a very heavy show like Unearth did.

Ken from Unearth was smoking a cig doing a solo on stage, I wonder if that offended anyone, its kind of like how all of Hatebreed smokes weed and drinks a lot after their performance, I wasn’t sure if that was old news or if it was just something I ran into chilling out with them at that Goody benefit and at the Big Fish Pub after party. Anyways, I look forward to all these bands comming back again.

That show had too much Gay covering the Good.

I've SoT sooo many times now & owned their 1st album, but only a few songs of theres raise my interest.
Norma Jean is just flatout horrible.
Unearth owned every band on that show for sure.
Atreyu, I used to like them a good amount when "Suicide Notes..." came out. I bought "The Curse" & fely very letdown. I've been losing interest in them more & more since then.
Like Ryan Butler says "They're the most MetroSexual Band out right now." He's not mistaken.

Out of boredom My Singer & I went to Cali back in Aug or sometime & while we were there we hit up a Scars Of Tomorrow show. I went mostly to see With Passion(before they signed w/ Earache) though. The tiny guitarist of Atreyu was there just walkin' around.
It was a pretty good show. The Cali Hardcore scene seems more Fun & easy going than ours.

Moonlapse said:
Doesn't Adam D post here under the alias '7 Dying Trees'? I recall Andy Sneap posting some aftermath pics of their curry eating contest on his forum earlier.

7 Dying Trees is James from Cradle of Filth.

Unearth put on an awesome live show
and the production on their new album is really good, sounds awesome in my car
and the BTE album could have definetly been produced a little better, I like his production for the Invocation of Nehek album way more than the BTE