Tempo changes in fucking melodyne?

Mar 10, 2012
www.facebook.com
I've never had a more irritating time with a plug-in.
Can anyone help me out here?
So I go up to the little chain link next to the tempo indicator (I'm in pro tools)
It states "Play back all passages with tempo variation"
- plays back all passages with tempo variation -
There's a total of two tempo variations in this song I'm working with, from 75 to 200 BPM, then back to 75.
Melodyne will either put in one change, the other change, or no changes at all.
Can anyone give me guidance on this? I'm going to think so much lower of this plug in if it can't even handle more than one tempo change.

The best way to go about using Melodyne is to work/tune in small chunks and then print the result. Rinse & repeat. If you do it like this, you won't have any tempo changes problems.
Apply any needed timing correction on the performance afterwards, since Melodyne tends to fuck it up a bit.

click the broken chain link near tempo indicator click tempo variations, and playback the entire song start to finish (or at least capture every tempo change in one playback, not in separate playbacks) it will then list the minimum tempo and maximum tempos in the track. it wont say ex. 150-200-40-70 if you have more than 2 tempos. you will have to do this in every instance or track you are using the plug in on. Total pain in the ass but what i have been doing is once i open melodyne on the track i know im going to have to do the playback so i will let it start, then pull up my mixer and start getting everything mixed roughly. then after the playback happens you can go in and start tracking or editing your vox.

i am tracking a band with over 15 tempo changes in one song and this got irritating because i had to figure all this out when they were here. It all works perfect just a pain in the ass and waste of time especially if you have 4 or 5 tracks with melodyne on them

Yep the key is to capture the entire song into melodyne at once. I used to just capture each vocal part and then move to the next one, but that creates tempo problems.
After you capture the whole song it'll have the tempo saved and you can go back and add parts or whatever.

I had that problem too, then I found that the samplerate on the soundcard tend to influence a lot the tempo fuckups, it got a lot more tighter at 128 but still not perfect... try it out :)