fed up with tempo mapping in reaper

Jan 25, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I posted this in the reaper forums but noone answered :Smug: The way REAPER is set up right now, if i have a song with tempo changes, and change the tempo of one tempo marker, every tempo marker after that is in the wrong spot. I guess this is because the tempo markers correspond to minutes and seconds instead of bars... So is there any way to change it to bars ? Or am I just doomed to wasting unnecessary time every time I change my mind about a certain tempo?

I'm also very interested in this information. I hate mapping a song with 8 tempos in it and then we go back and realize we needed to make the 2nd a bit different and then have to readjust all of the others.

Maybe this should be a requested update if it isn't already a feature?

I figured out the problem finally. You have to go into your project settings under the file menu and then click the project settings tab, and change
the "timebase for envelopes/markers" setting to beats.

Dude, Vincent, on an entirely unrelated note - I've never heard a recorded clip of an Engl XXL 4x12, and you seem like just the man to change that! :D Pretty please?

I figured out the problem finally. You have to go into your project settings under the file menu and then click the project settings tab, and change
the "timebase for envelopes/markers" setting to beats.

Awesome! I never even thought to look, figured it was "just that way." Many thanks!

thanks for the tip. You have notice how about export the tempo map? Because export only the first tempo...

I haven't tried this but I believe I know how to do it. You have to set up your tempo map through tempo automation on the master track. Click CTRL + ALT + M to show the master track in your track view, then click on the envelopes and make sure that tempo is visible, and set up your tempo map through automation points. Then select the master track, go to the tracks menu, and click save track as template. Now whenever you need to import that tempo map just import that track. Hope that works, since I have yet to try it myself.

I haven't tried this but I believe I know how to do it. You have to set up your tempo map through tempo automation on the master track. Click CTRL + ALT + M to show the master track in your track view, then click on the envelopes and make sure that tempo is visible, and set up your tempo map through automation points. Then select the master track, go to the tracks menu, and click save track as template. Now whenever you need to import that tempo map just import that track. Hope that works, since I have yet to try it myself.

Thanks dude, when I can I trie :worship:)