tempo changes when importing guitar pro midi into cubase...

dustin//

New Metal Member
Jan 21, 2009
so i've been editing midi drums written in guitar pro in cubase for years now with zero issues.

but i have this new track that i follow the same exact steps, and the tempos do not match those programmed in guitar pro. the exported midi plays fine in winamp even.

any ideas?

all i'm doing is exporting midi in guitar pro, and importing the midi file into cubase. tempos are defined in the guitar pro file as they always have been. some sections play back at the right tempo, while others do not.

yeh you need to make a TEMPO MAP. Look it up in Cubase

I've had to do this also. Essentially, you'll be chosing where the tempok changes, what bar and what tempo and what time sig too :)

Cheers man!

i guess i'm just confused why i'd need to do that, but have not needed to do it before?

it has a similar amount of tempo changes as all the other material too.

IMport the MIDI file before even creating a session.

fixed my issue...thanks so much! been trying to crack this for a week googling. should've broken down and posted here earlier.

another question that should be even easier...
just up graded to cubase 5 from sx3. not yet convinced it was worth the money but i guess it looks a little nicer.

anyway, in sx3 the default midi output (i believe that's the term) was something like 'microsoft sw synth'...basically it played back similar guitar sounds to what i'd hear in guitar pro, and the same drum sounds.

can i set the midi out to this still? it's not in the drop down menu...

if i open up my project files that i made in sx3, the 'microsoft sw synth' shows up as the midi out, and the drums sound as they do but the guitars are coming out as a piano...

any ideas how to get both situations guitars to sound as they do in guitar pro?