Ten Favorite bands?

Not in any particular order, just what comes to mind first...

1. Nevermore
2. Emperor
3. Megadeth
4. Opeth
5. Soilwork
6. In Flames
7. My Dying Bride
8. Anathema
9. Green Carnation
10. Alice in Chains

I have so many more, but these are my favorites right now.

Pyrus said:
No offense, dude, but...NIRVANA? I dig Radiohead, I can understand Tool, I have no clue who the fuck Skinny Puppy Are, and even Nine Inch Nails makes a little sense. But it boggles the mind how you can consider Nirvana and Nevermore to be on the same plane of musical existence. Not that you don't have a right to like them...I'm just curious why.

:Spin: i agree, if i was in nevermore id be astonished to find the word nevermore on the same page as nirvana tool and nine inch nails, im not saying you shoot your self or anything but i would like to know also

esp. with nirvana seeing warrel and jeff lost the rest of their memebers of their first band to the grunge age :p

Guerrilla said:
Nobody mentioned DEICIDE eh?
I was about to, but Mr.Benton seems to be slightly inconsequent in things he says and does, so it wouldn't really be right to put 'em to death.. pardon, 'em to the list of the honorable mentions... :D but nothing like the S/T and Sacrificial Suicide. yippie.

Hahaha, some of you guys crack me up, we can't all have the same tastes. Who cares if Nirvana's music is simple, simple doesn't mean it's not good. Kurt Cobain was a good songwriter in my opinion and Nirvana was one of my favorite bands from junior high through high school. Unplugged is still my favorite album of all time. I grew up during the grunge era, I live about an hour north of Seattle. So yeah, I hope that explains it.

Skinny Puppy on the other hand is probably the most influential industrial/noise bands out there. They're not for everyone, their music isn't very accessible, some of it is but not much. I really like it though, very cool music with some interesting messages thrown in. Their music is very dark with lots of synths, cool drumming and vocals and is based on everything from animal testing, horror movies and politics.

Here are some honorable mentions for the hell of it-

Dark Tranquillity
Devin Townsend
Soilwork
Fear Factory
Type O Negative
Moonspell
Porcupine Tree
AFI
KMFDM
Pineapple Thief

His taste in music is not that bad......I mean......he has Agalloch on his list........:headbang: Penguin is just an elitist, so don't worry about him.

I never got into this thread, but it's been a good one.

NO order

Testament
Hallows Eve
Grave
Carcass
Amon Amarth
Nevermore
Opeth
Death
Bon Scott era AC/DC ( I don't care, I loved that guy)
wild card goes too.......Dies Irae. (Polish death metal...could've been behemoth.)