Tennis, Anyone?

LOL... that's fine... I haven't played a real opponent in something like 6 years, and I've never played competitively, so it'll be up in the air which one of us will get his/her ass kicked the most.

Well, if I remember correctly, freakchylde is the poster who does competitive jujitsu. So I’m sure as hell not calling any of HER shots out!

Just to clarify, I'm actually coming in Friday afternoon this year, so Saturday would probably be the only day that could work for me.

Jason

The downside to Saturday is that the Symphony X forum has a lunch scheduled at noon, so I’d need to be done by then. (And I’m sure my tablemates would really appreciate it if I put on some clean clothes first.)

Also, I believe these courts are first-come-first-served, so getting court time Saturday might be a bit of a challenge.

LOL! Nah, I'm too laid back to get up in arms over a friendly tennis match.:lol:

Good to hear...I'll sleep better now. :lol: Actually, the most ugliness I've seen on a tennis court was at a CHARITY tournament that I used to play every year when I lived in Nashville. Go figure.

Sounds like Saturday is the most popular day, but I'll have to bail if the start time is too late. I would need to be back at the RI by 10:30 or 11:00 in order to get to lunch on time. (And I'm not sure everyone wants to get started THAT early...)

Sounds like Saturday is the most popular day, but I'll have to bail if the start time is too late. I would need to be back at the RI by 10:30 or 11:00 in order to get to lunch on time. (And I'm not sure everyone wants to get started THAT early...)

Maybe I'm reading the replies wrong, but I thought Saturday was a no-go. At any rate, I won't be able to make Saturday. I could make either Thursday or Friday in the am.

We could always have a couple different days... there's no rule that says some of us can't play on Thursday, if others go on Saturday, or whatever.

Maybe I'm reading the replies wrong, but I thought Saturday was a no-go. At any rate, I won't be able to make Saturday. I could make either Thursday or Friday in the am.

We could always have a couple different days... there's no rule that says some of us can't play on Thursday, if others go on Saturday, or whatever.

Sorry - I thought it was Thursday/Friday that was out for some folks, due to late arrival times. I'm planning to go to lunch at Front Page News on Friday, but since the time was pushed back to 2:00, tennis in the a.m. should be fine.

Thursday is probably the best day for me, but it sounds like we'd only have half the crew on that day.

Big "DOH!" moment for me..

It appears that I can't play after all. I tried to fit both of my racquets in my largest piece of luggage, and neither one fits. I don't want to go through the hassle of somehow trying to borrow someone else's racquet, and then somehow making sure they get it back. Plus, I was really hoping to play on Thursday and it looks like it's no good for most people.\

...unless anyone's up for racquetball instead? :lol: My racquetball racquet fits.

Big "DOH!" moment for me..

It appears that I can't play after all. I tried to fit both of my racquets in my largest piece of luggage, and neither one fits. I don't want to go through the hassle of somehow trying to borrow someone else's racquet, and then somehow making sure they get it back. Plus, I was really hoping to play on Thursday and it looks like it's no good for most people.\

...unless anyone's up for racquetball instead? :lol: My racquetball racquet fits.

I was planning to carry my racquet on the plane as my "personal item." I'll be packing Tuesday night, so I just need to know for sure by then. If I leave the racquet at home, I might bring an extra bag instead for my anticipated CD haul. :)

I was under the impression that we couldn't carry sports equipment on the plane... maybe I read the TSA website wrong.

Glad you brought this up, as I would have created quite a scene if TSA had tried to confiscate my racquet. I checked, and the site specifically mentions hockey sticks, baseball bats, ski poles, bows & arrows, etc. -- but no mention of tennis racquets. Seems you couldn't do *that* much damage with a tennis racquet, but you never know...

If I have to check my racquet, that means I have to switch to the Queen Mother suitcase, which I'm not sure I can lug from the MARTA stop to the Residence Inn!

OK, I didn't hear back from anyone, so I'm guessing we're off.

Who's in for tennis at PPIX? :lol:

OK, so I did check out the tennis facility last weekend. From the Residence Inn (1365) I walked down Peachtree and took a left on 14th street until it dead ended into Piedmont Park. It took about 20 minutes to get there. Not a bad walk from the Residence, but a cab would probably be a good idea for anyone staying farther away.

Maybe next year?