Tennis, Anyone?

LunaTEKKE

Madness Reigns
Mar 23, 2006
On another thread in the main forum, booB and AngraRULES expressed an interest in playing some tennis during PP this year.

There is a fairly large facility at Piemont Park (12 lighted courts). At first look, I thought it was walking distance of Center Stage, but now I'm not so sure. Are any of the locals familiar with this facility?

http://www.atlantaga.gov/government/parks/burrec_directorytennisctr.aspx

Also, if anyone else is interested, it would be great to have a fourth. (Or even a fifth or sixth, so we could take a breather every now and then. :lol: I had an elbow injury a while back and haven't played competitively in years).

Thanks!

Much of Piedmont Park is not an easy walk from the venue or hotels, but the western side (down 14th) is a few blocks east from Peachtree. I'm thinking the tennis facility must be on the western side of the park since I don't remember seeing it from 10th St (which runs along the southern edge), so at least it would be on the closer side.

Here's a map of the area... based on the distance gauge, it looks like it's about a mile from my hotel (Granada), and about three quarters of a mile from the RI. I think Milton is at the Super 8, so he might want to cab it... or we could all meet somewhere and cab it together. Or, even better, maybe someone with a car wants to play. :lol:

piedmont.jpg

Here's a map of the area... based on the distance gauge, it looks like it's about a mile from my hotel (Granada), and about three quarters of a mile from the RI. I think Milton is at the Super 8, so he might want to cab it... or we could all meet somewhere and cab it together. Or, even better, maybe someone with a car wants to play. :lol:

I'm at the Residence, so it sounds like we have all the major hotels down. I'm OK with either walking or cabbing it...although I do want to make sure everyone is still up for tennis before I lug my racquet along. We ladies have to travel with a lot more stuff to START with. :lol:

Will you guys & gals please keep it down? You're making too much racquet! :lol:

Oooooohhhhhh, you are bad! Guess we walked right into that one...

The tennis courts are a short walk from the Piedmont Rd. edge of the park. I used to run the perimeter of that park, so it's not too far. Not sure how long of a walk that is from the venue, though.

Not sure which day you're planning, and fair warning, I haven't played since 7th grade. But I still have my raquet, and will provide a partner or opponent if needed.

The more the merrier!

How about we play on thursday during the day?!?

Thursday would be great. I'm attending lunches on Friday/Saturday, and I'm not sure how early I'd be able to drag my butt out of bed!

Thursday works for me too. I was thinking maybe noon, if that's not too early for anyone. I'm at the Granada this year. Should we meet somewhere central (such as the RI) and walk, or head over individually? I have no problem with walking.

Not sure which day you're planning, and fair warning, I haven't played since 7th grade. But I still have my raquet, and will provide a partner or opponent if needed.
LOL... that's fine... I haven't played a real opponent in something like 6 years, and I've never played competitively, so it'll be up in the air which one of us will get his/her ass kicked the most.

I love Tennis as well and used to play all the time up until about 3 years ago (the guys I used to play with simply stopped playing due to their changing life situations). I haven't played since and I'm sure I'd be extremely rusty, but it does sound like fun.

Jason