TEODOR TUFF lyrical content...

TwizstedJesus

Mar 1, 2004
I was wondering...
Does anybody choose not to listen to a band due to lyrical content?
Is Teodor Tuff's lyrical content similiar in vein to "Tower of Power"?
Awesome music, but I really don't want to rock out to a song about children being buttfucked by preists, ya know? Because of this, I can't give this band a shot.
Same with Neal Morse' solo records. I bought the 1st one after he left Spocks Beard, but the lyrics just killed it for me instantly. It just sounded like he was forcing his religious views into his music.
Opinions?

Never stopped me. I think the new Iced Earth is tinged to the brim with subtle insane political rantings that I don't agree with, but I still listen to it all the time. I am also very much an atheist, but I'll listen to christian bands if I think the music is good.

The new Affector disc "Harmageddon" is filled with religious themes and lyrics, but the music is so damn impressive I could care less what Ted Leonard is singing about

I care much more about how well the artist's ideas are expressed by their lyrics than whether or not the subject matter is something that I agree with or appeals to me. It's easier for me to get into something with lyrics I don't identify with that's done very well than it is for me to appreciate a poor treatment of a subject I usually enjoy.

Now we get into interesting waters...Can you shout out these lyrics while youre jamming along to the disc? It just seems a fucked up concept...

I WAS JUST THIRTEEN
iNNOCENT AND bRITTLE
the holY father SaYS;
It'S gonna hurt a lIttle
kIdS wIth kIdS
on wIth lIdS

...nope, cant do it

Now we get into interesting waters...Can you shout out these lyrics while youre jamming along to the disc? It just seems a fucked up concept...

I WAS JUST THIRTEEN
iNNOCENT AND bRITTLE
the holY father SaYS;
It'S gonna hurt a lIttle
kIdS wIth kIdS
on wIth lIdS

...nope, cant do it

I totally hear you. The subject doesn't really *bother* me. With that said, this is one of the most ridiculous lyrical stanzas I've ever read in my life... Can't say I'd call the band great lyricists...