TESLA- COMIN' ATCHA LIVE! 08'

muzmaze

pyramontyrsuidvan
Mar 28, 2006
N.H., USA
Release of this live DVD is slated for June.
Filmed at "The Myth Club" (anyone see this show/venue) in Maplewood Minn. DVD also includes tons of bonus material.
I saw Tesla in Hampton, N.H. not long ago, and they blew the mutha fuckin roof off the place. One of the best live shows I've ever seen! Looking forward to DVD.:kickass:

Release of this live DVD is slated for June.
Filmed at "The Myth Club" (anyone see this show/venue) in Maplewood Minn. DVD also includes tons of bonus material.
I saw Tesla in Hampton, N.H. not long ago, and they blew the mutha fuckin roof off the place. One of the best live shows I've ever seen! Looking forward to DVD.:kickass:

Definitely looking forward to this. I saw them in Denver a few months ago and they have lost absolutely nothing in their live shows. One of the best shows I've seen in a while. Did they do the new song for you?

:kickass:
No new song...atleast I don't think?
It was Hampton Beach...so it was a beach-house, no driving, and lots of beers.:loco:

TESLA is one of the best bands ever IMO. Playing live I saw them in 1991 playing with AC/DC and Metalllica at Monsters Of Rock in Barcelona and people throw them a lot of things. It was a shitty attitude but Tesla played like it was their best gig.

Luckily last november they played in Madrid and simply they did "show of the year". Tons of classic stuff, almost 2 hours and even they played "Paradise" :Smokin:

Counting the days for buying DVD.

TESLA is meant to play live shows. Sure they have some cheesy songs / ballads, but they also can put the heavy hammer down. The best part is the crowd knows and sings the chorus to all thier songs...very enjoyable.

:kickass:
No new song...atleast I don't think?
It was Hampton Beach...so it was a beach-house, no driving, and lots of beers.:loco:

You would have known the new song if they played it -- they made it pretty clear. They said they had been working on it for a couple of weeks or so and wanted to try it out live. It's a typical Tesla elctrocoustic semi-ballad rocker. Good stuff. I wondered if their story about trying it out was completely true or if they said that at every show.

Beach house!?! I'm jealous. :headbang::headbang: We really don't have beaches here in Colorado. Although we do have cabins and beers, cabins, and rock and roll do go together quite nicely. :lol:

Did anyone watch The Station special on VH1 Classic a month or so ago? It had Dee Snider hosting (proceeds benefited those who were effected by the fire tragedy in Rhode Island during a Great White show). Anyway, Tesla played a large part in that concert. That lead singer's voice was HORRIBLE, IMO. I couldn't stand to watch it. I've never been crazy about that dude's vocals, but on this night he sounded like a character out of Fraggle Rock.

Anyone know if this was just an off-night for him, or does he always sound like that?

Jeff Kieth does have that raspy-edgy voice that does sound strenuous at times. I can't say he is close to being one of my fav singers, but it works for him and fits the band well.

@ WHEEZER- Well, Hampton Beach is o.k., but its basically an old rundown east-coast beach. Just north is Rye Beach, wich is much nicer. Actually anything north of Hampton (then into Maine) is nicer, more scenic etc. I'll trade a stay in Colorado for Hampton anyday.;)

Yes, shot in 2007, will be released 6.6.08...
Watch for it. My advance copy will arrive in the next week or two...
Also check out the Axel Rudi Pell - Live Around Europe DVD it fucking kills!!!!

Thanks for the heads up Sixx....I might just have to get that ZZ...ARP, I'll have to check out first.... ;)

Jeff Kieth does have that raspy-edgy voice that does sound strenuous at times. I can't say he is close to being one of my fav singers, but it works for him and fits the band well.

Yup. His voice is an acquired taste. Prolly moreso live. A finer front man is hard to come by though.

@ WHEEZER- Well, Hampton Beach is o.k., but its basically an old rundown east-coast beach. Just north is Rye Beach, wich is much nicer. Actually anything north of Hampton (then into Maine) is nicer, more scenic etc. I'll trade a stay in Colorado for Hampton anyday.;)

Beach is beach when ya ain't got none for a few thousand miles. :lol: I ran into a coupla your neighbors from Vermont at a gas station on Saturday. They were looking to get up over the mountains and asked directions. Problem is the mountains were getting hammered with snow and they were on motorcycles. I advised them to wait a day.

I ran into a coupla your neighbors from Vermont at a gas station on Saturday. They were looking to get up over the mountains and asked directions. Problem is the mountains were getting hammered with snow and they were on motorcycles. I advised them to wait a day.

Reminds me of Dumb And Dumber, driving thru the cold on the skooter..."just go man-just go".:lol:
Vermont is the third wheel to Maine and New Hampshire, but very underated for its scenery, drives, and all that good shite.

If the new song they played in Denver is any indication, maybe they will have a new one soon.

yeah i think they are working on a new album but still since the reunited in 2001 or whatever year it was we've gotten 1 new studio album, 2 or 3 live albums and 2 albums of cover songs. i'd rather keep hearing new moon dog mane albums

yeah i think they are working on a new album but still since the reunited in 2001 or whatever year it was we've gotten 1 new studio album, 2 or 3 live albums and 2 albums of cover songs. i'd rather keep hearing new moon dog mane albums

That's the way the 80's bands are headed...
Look at the Crue, Poison compilations, they are equal to Tesla.
Seems like they play it safe, some have bought into the Dee Snider theory.
If you recall he stated that fans don't want to hear new music from any of the 80's bands they want to hear the old stuff... He used KISS' last studio album as an example. There is a flaw there though, KISS wasn't an 80's band and if the albums wasn't a half effort it would have sold better...

That's the way the 80's bands are headed...
Look at the Crue, Poison compilations, they are equal to Tesla.
Seems like they play it safe, some have bought into the Dee Snider theory.
If you recall he stated that fans don't want to hear new music from any of the 80's bands they want to hear the old stuff... He used KISS' last studio album as an example. There is a flaw there though, KISS wasn't an 80's band and if the albums wasn't a half effort it would have sold better...

its the smaller 80's bands who still release albums on a regular basis (dokken,great white, enuff znuff,etc.) wel def leppard does too but they were big