Testament audio recording from NJ Metal Meltdown, 3-13-2004

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Hey gang, I've finished mastering & digitally cleaning up my recording from that show, and I must say, I'm fairly pleased with the results.

If you would like a copy of this show, here's what to do:

1) Email me offline at markgugs@hotmail.com - please put "Testament recording" as the subject so I don't auto-delete you.
2) Please review the illustrated guidelines for B&P (Blanks & Postage) at www.mcnichol.com/bnp
3) Once I reply to your email with my mailing address, I will ask that you send 2 blank CDRs (1 for your show, 1 for me) + return postage (a single $.37 stamp will cover it)

Any questions?

Here is the show's information + all my source/recording info.

Artist: TESTAMENT
Title: "TESTAMENT'S TRUE BELIEVERS" (AMINJ 2004-005)
Venue: NJ METALFEST V @ THE CRICKET CLUB
Date: 2004-03-13

source: AUD (Sony PCM-62 stereo cardioid mic > Sony MZ-R37 MiniDisc > Master MiniDisc) > line-out > analog line-in SoundBlaster Live 5.1 (PC) > Cool Edit Pro 2.0 > CDWav (tracking) > CEP 2.0 (graphic EQ: slight mid boost + 2.69 dB bass lift, normalize to -6.9 dB) > .wav > CDR (MASTER)
quality: you decide

# discs (lossless): 1
# discs (audio): 1

Taper: MadeInNewJersey (M.Guglielmo - markgugs@hotmail.com)

Recorded FOB, 30' from stage, slightly right of dead center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- DO NOT ENCODE TO MP3 OR OTHER LOSSY FORMATS!!!! ---

disc one:
01. D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate) (4:10)
02. Down For Life (4:09)
03. Low (4:35)
04. Eerie Inhabitants -> (3:58)
05. Practice What You Preach (5:22)
06. The Haunting (4:31)
07. Electric Crown (6:35)
08. 3 Days In Darkness (4:44)
09. True Believer (4:10)
10. Into The Pit (3:08)
11. Over The Wall (6:47)
encore:
12. Disciples Of The Watch (5:15)
(total time - 58:26)

TESTAMENT IS:
Chuck Billy - vocals
Eric Petersen - guitar
Steve Smyth - lead guitar
Steve DiGorgio - bass guitar
Paul Bostaph - drums

Notes:
- frequency/spectral analysis reveals source to be clean of lossy (mp3) format

wow, thats odd, i was just listening to Fight & i saw your avatar & your name & thats the exact song that was playing. SPOOKY

One last piece of information regarding those who request this show, since it's come up a couple times...

Acceptable brands for the blank CDRs are: TDK, Fuji, Maxell, Sony and better.

Unacceptable brands: Memorex, Philips, Staples, Kyphermedia, Imation, Verbatim, Hewlett-Packard, any "generic" or "brand x" label, etc.

Thanks.

markgugs said:

A little off-topic, but you wouldn't happen to be related to a one Mr. P. Guglielmo, who teaches earth science at Clarkstown South High School, in lower New York state(not the city), would you?

Anyway, I'll probably hit you up for that show eventually, all out of blanks at the moment though.

markgugs said:
Here is the show's information + all my source/recording info.

Artist: TESTAMENT
Title: "TESTAMENT'S TRUE BELIEVERS" (AMINJ 2004-005)
Venue: NJ METALFEST V @ THE CRICKET CLUB
Date: 2004-03-13

source: AUD (Sony PCM-62 stereo cardioid mic > Sony MZ-R37 MiniDisc > Master MiniDisc) > line-out > analog line-in SoundBlaster Live 5.1 (PC) > Cool Edit Pro 2.0 > CDWav (tracking) > CEP 2.0 (graphic EQ: slight mid boost + 2.69 dB bass lift, normalize to -6.9 dB) > .wav > CDR (MASTER)
quality: you decide

# discs (lossless): 1
# discs (audio): 1

Recorded FOB, 30' from stage, slightly right of dead center

disc one:
01. D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate) (4:10)
02. Down For Life (4:09)
03. Low (4:35)
04. Eerie Inhabitants -> (3:58)
05. Practice What You Preach (5:22)
06. The Haunting (4:31)
07. Electric Crown (6:35)
08. 3 Days In Darkness (4:44)
09. True Believer (4:10)
10. Into The Pit (3:08)
11. Over The Wall (6:47)
encore:
12. Disciples Of The Watch (5:15)
(total time - 58:26)

TESTAMENT IS:
Chuck Billy - vocals
Eric Petersen - guitar
Steve Smyth - lead guitar
Steve DiGorgio - bass guitar
Paul Bostaph - drums

Notes:
- frequency/spectral analysis reveals source to be clean of lossy (mp3) format

Not sure if you commented on this before but would you be willing to post this on STG's website?

"Not sure if you commented on this before but would you be willing to post this on STG's website?"

snickers said:
"Not sure if you commented on this before but would you be willing to post this on STG's website?"

--- DO NOT ENCODE TO !!!! ---

your point???

pretty much everything on STG is lossless....it is not MP3 OR OTHER LOSSY FORMATS......

so it's a vaild question.....and i would also like this to show up on STG.....

snickers said:

I don't understand what you mean here.

SharingTheGroove is an entirely LOSSLESS music-spreading website; no one with 1/2 a brain goes there looking for MP3s.

To answer a few of you...this show is already in the process of being torrented at STG, with complete artwork ta boot. Most likely by tomorrow or Tuesday. You can also look for Vital Remains as well, for the brutal death metal fans out there. Also, it's going to be in APE format. Why? Because that's the format I like. :)

FYI, if you're not already familiar, you'll need www.monkeysaudio.com v3.97 to decode the files and/or listen to them via WinAMP. APE is also not very user-friendly for MAC users, but c'est la'vie.

markgugs said:
I don't understand what you mean here.

SharingTheGroove is an entirely LOSSLESS music-spreading website; no one with 1/2 a brain goes there looking for MP3s.

To answer a few of you...this show is already in the process of being torrented at STG, with complete artwork ta boot. Most likely by tomorrow or Tuesday. You can also look for Vital Remains as well, for the brutal death metal fans out there. Also, it's going to be in APE format. Why? Because that's the format I like. :)

FYI, if you're not already familiar, you'll need www.monkeysaudio.com v3.97 to decode the files and/or listen to them via WinAMP. APE is also not very user-friendly for MAC users, but c'est la'vie.
yeah~~~~~~~~~STG thanks a lot man!!!:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Good show, really good recording. Give it a strong A. I'll give more comments when I listen to it a couple more times.

I would open a window, but after I figured out how to decode it, I deleted the transfer files as I didn't know I needed them. I did leave my window open for awhile when I was trying to decode them, I hope I helped someone..... I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was doing, and no one answered my post on torrentstorm, so I was going on a wing and a prayer.