Testament coming to Chicago? Please?

PSYCHO MAN 13

Destroyer Of Worlds
May 14, 2003
Chicago
www.transferlink.com
When will you guys be hitting the windy city again? It's been WAY too long, man. Testament always puts on a great show in Chicago. I've seen just about everyshow show since '89. The best have been:

1990 at the Rosemont Horizon with Judas Priest and Megadeth
1991 with Slayer at the Aragon Ballroom
1994 at the Vic with Red Square Black and Wickerman

Anyone else from Chi town here?

I think Testament will definetely be hitting Chicago very soon. They already have 2 NY shows on the east coast booked in late August with Nuclear Assault. I don't think they will skip over Chicago with the original line up. I think we are in for a few more confirmed shows within the next week or two. I spoke to metal show promoters right here in Montreal and they said they are in the works right now with Testament's booking agent to get them over here as well. I'm sure the same is happening with Chicago. At least you got to see them on the Metal Gods Tour with Halford. Montreal got the shorter end of the stick on that tour so this is a great way for Testament to make it up to us by coming back here and kicking our ass with the original line up. We just need to be a little patient and hope for the best!

:headbang:

I've seen them just about every time they have played here in Chicago. From the Horizon and House of Blues to countless shows at the Vic and even in some of the smaller bars like Jackhammers and JJ Kelleys. They always put on a kick ass show and the Chicago fans (myself included) go psychotic!

If the reunion comes through, I'll be the first one there!

proud to have seen them in July 1988 @ the Vic (with M.O.D./Sanctuary/Vio-Lence) and in Dec 1988 with Raven at the Cubby Bear

Then in 89 with Annihilator
Was the Testament/Savatage/Nuclear Assault show at the Vic in 90? That was KILLER.

classic Chicago Testament gigs

The last time I saw Testament in Chicago was at the House of Blues for the "Metal Gods" Tour with Halford... It was an awesome show and I was just glad to see Chuck heathy and tearing it up on stage.

However, the one show that I WILL NEVER forget was right after the Gathering came out, they played a local bar on a Tuesday night. It was at JJ Kelleys in Lansing, IL. This is just a neighborhood bar that hold 200-300 people. So, I headed over there ready for a good sweaty time...

Obviously, the place was packed, but I managed to mosh my way to the front and was shocked to see the complete Gathering line-up. Right there on a tiny stage were Chuck, Eric, Steve DiGiorgio, James Murphy and fucking Dave Lombardo! It was awesome! I spent the whole night standing 3 feet away from James and Steve head-bangin' and slappin' hands between songs.

Testament rules in all of their line-ups and I can't wait to see them again.

I still haven't heard about a Testament date here. But Alex is coming 8/23 to Martyrs'. The last show was great. It didn't matter that the tones were jazz. The metal fans raised hell up front all night and sang along to War Pigs at the end. It's usually a good time to meet and talk to Alex, too. :cool: