Your First Testament Live Show!

MindInsane said:
The Headbangers Ball Tour...I think it was 1989...with Helloween and Anthrax!!
headbob.gif
Those days are kind of a fog....and smell of skunko_O BUT WHAT A KICK ASS SHOW THAT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were definitely in a fog...lol. That was Exodus that played with Anthrax and Helloween on the Headbanger's Ball tour in 1989.
lol.gif
But yeah, it was a killer show!

-Mark

Oh yea...hmmm...ok I know it was the same venue...real close to that time then...can't remember who the heck opened...I'm gonna have to look through my ticket stubs...:erk:

MindInsane said:
Oh yea...hmmm...ok I know it was the same venue...real close to that time then...can't remember who the heck opened...I'm gonna have to look through my ticket stubs...:erk:

Testament/Annihillator/Wrath Child America........Practice What You Preach Tour........October 12, 1989.......at The Starry Night, now called The Roseland Theater.......I was at that one...............filmed a video of that show......Alex was just the best!

My first Testament show was this year when they came to the House of Blues in Anahiem with Rob Halford. Possibly one of the best metal shows ive been to. Not only did Testament play a kick ass set, but we got to watch the Halford guitarists (names escape me at the moment) try and out solo each other, which culminated in one of them playing lightning fast licks while ripping his bass strings off. Oh yea, and we saw Kerry King in balcony and got an autograph.

Dynamo Open Air in 1997....then Graspop in Belgium in 2000....
I have never seen them in a club and I am desperate to....
I co-run a promomtions agency in Ireland...and we do all the stuff like, The Haunted, opeth, Cannibal Corpse, Katatonia, Paradise Lost etc....
We were offered Testament for late July, but we won't be here then.....MAN, WE ALMOST CRIED WHEN WE REALISED WE COULDN'T FINALLY DO A TESTAMENT SHOW......
I fucking pray they'll be back in the firts half of 2004!!!!!

Saw them them only once so far in Eindhoven in August 2003 ....and LOVED them ;)))) And I'll get more intake later his year...yeahhhhh :Smokin:

It was Testament at the Omni on the Practice tour. First time for
Testament. First time for the Omni. It was the best. Testament was
there and I had been into them for a couple months but I got to
discover Primus! They were so Awesome!
Testament+Primus+Omni+good weed that night=

weed.jpg

I saw them opening for Anthrax in 1987 in Zurich Switzerland. I remember this loud and clear what a cool day that was. Scott Ian still had long hair and they had a good singer. :)

Testament blew everyone away. The thing I remember the most was Chuck flicking his tongue all the time. I was talking to him to a bit later between the sets unfortunately I didn't speak English and he didn't speak Swiss so it was pretty much me talking and him looking all puzzled and smiling.

:loco:

I finally got to see them on the Metal Gods concert on opening day in Chicago. As soon as DNR started up half the floor just went fucking crazy. It was a cool concert but like 20 minutes into the set Eric's amp died. I remember it seemed to take a while before a new amp was there for him to use. During that time someone was throwing joints to Chuck but missed the stage like two times then he finally got it to Chuck, then Chuck threw it to people in the crowd to pass around. I have no idea what the setlist was aside from them starting with DNR and possibly Down for Life after that.