Testament is underrated!

Kreator and Megadeth are the only bands that can light a candle to Testament for me when it comes to thrash. They are THE embodiment of thrash and all alone on the throne high above everyone else.

Reactions: redfly
Kreator and Megadeth are the only bands that can light a candle to Testament for me when it comes to thrash. They are THE embodiment of thrash and all alone on the throne high above everyone else.
Well , I don't think I can argue that lol . I don't have every Kreator album but I know they are bad ass and kept it true!

As for Kreator keeping it true - some would argue.

I personally can't blame Mille for experimenting, even if some of the gothic and industrial paths he'd chosen to explore led nowhere. They eventually came back to their thrashier style with some silly little gothic melodies (when Thrash was big again), but it's not half as good as Extreme Aggression or Coma of Souls.

Some of their music I do find enjoyable and listen to it from time to time (different eras), but they don't get above a certain level of simplicity of the music and do get repetitive pretty often which is boring. As for German Thrash I always preferred late DeathRow (+ End Amen), Mekong Delta, Vendetta, Paradox, maybe even Tankard and Exumer. Still, a lot of Kreator's classics are very headbangable, even if not terribly original. Plus, they've managed to stay an active band like Testament, Overkill, Annihilator, Tankard and very few others outside the Big 4.

Reactions: redfly
Love kreator,violent revolution was a great comeback album.Yeah some of their catalog is a little repetitive,but overall awesome band.

How do you like the new set up oneman?

You mean the new forum layout? I think it's not bad, pretty intuitive, hence quick to get used to. After all, not that much has changed (I've yet to explore the functions, though, which, given how I've been using the forum so far, might take a while). You guys like it?