WTF?? Testament @ Molle 2 Fest in Malmö, Sweden

FirstStrikeIsDeadly

Fuck my aching tits
Feb 20, 2003
Fista corps
On the official and on several news sites we can find a confirmed date for Testament @ the 'Molle 2 Fest' in Malmö, Sweden on the 20th of August.

However, I can't find shit on the excistence of this festival, no official site, no contact information, no other bands that are playing this thing...nothing nada.

Does anybody here have any plans of attending this gig and knows some more information, please share if so! I can't even find any places to order tickets for this whole happening. Ticnet.se surely isn't aware of it...

THANKS!

Blabbermouth:
TESTAMENT Confirmed For Sweden's MOLLE 2 FEST - June 19, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area metallers TESTAMENT will play Molle 2 Fest in Malmö, Sweden on August 20.

For a list of upcoming TESTAMENT shows, click here.

Guitarist Alex Skolnick (TESTAMENT, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA, ALEX SKOLNICK TRIO) was a guest on the "Maximum Threshold" show on June 4. Download and listen to the program at this location (MP3 file; a whopping 154 MB!).

Skolnick, along with TESTAMENT singer Chuck Billy, bassist Greg Christian, guitarist Eric Peterson, and new drummer Nick Barker (ex-DIMMU BORGIR, CRADLE OF FILTH), have finished writing more than half a dozen songs for the group's long-awaited follow-up to 1999's "The Gathering". Tracking is scheduled to begin in July/August for a tentative late 2007/early 2008 release. "It's been a long time coming," Billy said. "This new album is like a good wine: You throw in the grapes and crush."

TESTAMENT is currently unsigned in the U.S. and Europe after parting ways with Spitfire Records earlier in the year (the Spitfire Records catalog was acquired last summer by Redux Records, the company formerly known as Sheridan Square Entertainment). A Japanese deal with Universal remains intact.

Spitfire released a TESTAMENT compilation, "The Spitfire Collection", in February. Consisting of tracks from such Spitfire titles as "The Gathering", "Demonic", "Live at the Fillmore", "First Strike Still Deadly" and "Live in London", the 14-track set chronicles an era that ultimately saw the original TESTAMENT reunite for a successful 2005 tour.

Free festival? Well, on one side that's fucking awesome. Sad enough I only know two bands of that complete 4 day line up.....

On the other hand it's way different to experience that real metal-beer-festival feeling that you get when attending to something with only Metal. Ahh, fuckit I will probably try to attend to this.

I wonder how the hell Testament ever ended up in the first place on this free City festival thing...

So great and wonderful to have the house gods playing almost at home, on a free festival! :worship:

Only a week left - all of you living in the surrounding areas and countrys - make sure we'll meet in the pit!!! :headbang:

It's gonna be great hearing "The Afterlife" live for the first time!!!

See ya there 6.30 PM!

Hail!!!

Give us all the info, setlist an so on...
I'm so so so sad that im leaving for California two days befor the best metal band ever are playing here in Sweden. (Malmö is the 3rd largest city of Sweden...)
Please Play somewhere in CA this year Testament otherwise I'm afraid I will never see you live:erk:

Not very active in this forum, but I thought I'd see if anyone here was going.. there has to come a lot of you to this gig! it's free for fuck's sake! I'm going from gothenburg to see them, so, see you there? :)

The show in Malmö last night was great!

Here's the set:
01. The Preacher
02. The New Order
03. The Haunting
04. Electric Crown
05. Sins Of Omission
06. Low
07. D.N.R
08. Three Days In Darkness
09. Practice What You Preach
10. Souls Of Black
11. Over The Wall
12. The Legacy
13. Into The Pit
----
14. Alone In The Dark
15. Disciples Of The Watch

It was a nice gig, seemed not to be a lot of people there only to see Testament, but the band gave a lot to the crowd anyway. The sound I think wasn't the best though, didn't hear the guitar a lot in the front, almost not at all in some songs (thought The Haunting was Over the Wall or something for awhile lol). Five stars for their performance all in all :kickass:

And thanks a lot Ulverytteren and istari for the setlist and photos!

I missed this show but the question is;
WHY DON'T THE BAND COME TO STOCKHOLM!?!?!?!
There are a large number of fans just waiting to get mangled and torn apart by the sweeeeeet demonic tunes of Testament here in the capital of sweden.
When will we see you guys here?:hotjump: