Testament Killed Tonight !!

hiddenlegions

DISCIPLE
Sep 21, 2002
So Cal
Visit site
The title says it all. First off , Violence was AWESOME, they kicked some major ass. Same with Death Angel , very solid set. However , TESTAMENT has never sounded better. They had the crowd at the House of Blues tearing the place up. Chucks vocals were CRUSHING !!!! Some of the songs they played tonight were (in no particular order) ...

DNR (Opened with this one)
Down For Life
Low
Burnt Offerings
The Preacher
Into The Pit
True Believer
Eyes Of Wrath
3 Day in Darkness
Dog Faced Gods
Disciples of the Watch (Closed with this one)

I know I might be missing one but this was mainly the set. They played nothing off of PWYP, or Souls , but that's ok. They were on a short time schedule. The HOB really has their bands on a serious clock. I wanted to say that it was great finally meeting "METALMOM" , "METALGATHERING" , and "DEADLY EMBRACE" , you guys rule ! I will see you guys in ANAHEIM on Friday !!! :headbang:

Over The Wall!!!
You missed that!

Halford kicked ass too! i never expected they would play Judas Priest's songs! it was cool to hear "Pain Killer" and "Breaking The Law"!!!

i had a fucking GREAT time at last nights show! i got their right before Exumed came on and i got a spot at the right front corner on the barrier. exumed played well, but hardly anone was there to see em. VIO-lence kicked ass, and played with tons of energy. Death Angel also played very well, and got a good response fromthe crowd also. After they finished TESTAMENT came on! this was my girst time ever seeing them live, and i would have to say it was ENLIGHTENING! Thye played with so much energy and it looked like they were having tons of fun. i was right in front of eric, where i was thrashing and headbanging like no other. i sang along with every song and had a great time. steve came to my side of the stage and crouched right in front of us and played like a madman. i got a high five from him and i got the horns from eric :headbang: i also got a guitar pic from steve smyth to add to my collection. every single song they played was a highlight. i only stayed for halfords first song painkiller, then i left. halford isnt really a band im into. i cant fucking wait to go see testament again on thursday!!!!!!!!!

Hey Chaos, I looked for you but I didn't see you .... I saw Eric give someone the :headbang: so I guess that was you :lol: , yeah, they kick major ass , I've seen every single Testament show in LA since 1992 and this was by far one of the best. I can't wait to do it again on Friday ......... BTW , I don't think they did Over the Wall ... could be wrong

Fucking A,
that sounded like a decent fucking gig!!

i'd love to have been there that night - too bad, i live over in the UK!!

well, i can't wait 'till April, when they'll be playing over in London - thats gonna kick some major shit!!

nice one,
dom

The set list is decent, but they still could of done a little more from PWYP or Souls like you said.

AWESOME SHOW!! GREAT AUDIENCE RESPONSE!!

Since the Band's tour bus left so late, I hope all who had to get to work monday morning made it in time! I only had an hour drive, but after a stop at Denny's for a traditional "Metal Meal", it was 4 am before we got home. I don't mind a rough day at work after enjoying a real metal show the night before!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Originally posted by Metal4Mom
AWESOME SHOW!! GREAT AUDIENCE RESPONSE!!

Since the Band's tour bus left so late, I hope all who had to get to work monday morning made it in time! I only had an hour drive, but after a stop at Denny's for a traditional "Metal Meal", it was 4 am before we got home. I don't mind a rough day at work after enjoying a real metal show the night before!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Metal Mom...you sound so cool!!:headbang: Too bad every mom can't be like you! Rock on!!!!