Testament @ Rockhard Festival 2008 Photo's Online

Eus

TL Photographer
Hey,

Check out the Photo's from Testament's show at the Rockhard 2008 festival, Gelsenkirchen, Gemany at http://metal-experience.com or just follow the direct link : http://www.metal-experience.com/images/festivals/Rockhard2008/Friday/thumb4.html

testament9052008-03.jpg

testament9052008-06.jpg

testament9052008-09.jpg

testament9052008-10.jpg

TESTAMENT’s Setlist was as follows:

01. Over The Wall
02. Into The Pit
03. Raging Waters
04. New Order
05. The Preacher
06. Henchmen Ride
07. Reign Of Terror
08. Souls Of Black
09. C.O.T.L.O.D.
10. Alone In The Dark
11. DNR
12. 3 Days In Darkness
13. Low
14. Dog Faced Gods
15. Disciples Of The Watch

Oh my God, they played REIGN OF TERROR and C.O.T.L.O.D.!!!??!?! I'm really beginning to believe they're dusting off the long absent gems! I can't wait to see some live footage from that show. Great pictures BTW

Blabbermouth explains why the setlist looked like that:
TESTAMENT lead guitarist Alex Skolnick was forced to sit out the band's May 9, 2008 performance at the Rock Hard Festival at the Gelsenkirchen Amphitheatre in Gelsenkirchen, Germany due to scheduling conflicts (he was in the middle of a short Yamaha-sponsored acoustic guitar clinic tour in the U.S.). As a result, the band changed its setlist to include a lot of the older songs which cointained fewer or no guitar solos.

Can anyone who witnessed it post any reviews? Did they play as a four-piece or was there someone filling in for Alex? How did Eric do with all the solos? How did the songs sound with one guitar? How did COTLOD and Reign of Terror sound live for the first time in almost 20 years?

They played as a four piece and the performance was up to Testament's standard (which is really high as we all know). Of course, A LOT of people were really disappointed because they wanted to see Alex but what really ruined the show for many was the fact that they had an unbearable horrible sound. Bad mojo... :erk: