Testament

one man

Jul 4, 2002
Poland
Visit site
I've just stumbled upon this interesting cover of Return to Serenity:

Here's another decent one I've found:

And here's an exotic one:

I've been wondering if there are some professional covers, done by good bands. Of course, there's this:

Jump%20in%20the%20Pit%20%20A%20Tribute%20to%20Testament.jpg

1. FURY - Dog Faced Gods
2. WASTELAND - Time Is Coming
3. SCARY GERMAN GUY - Face in the Sky
4. COLD - Perilous Nation
5. ULTIMATUM - Sins of Omission
6. HORROR OF HORRORS - Return to Serenity
7. CATCH 22 - Trial by Fire
8. BLACKEND - Practice What You
9. DELUSION - Ride
10. HABEAS CORPUS - Nightmare

But apart from Ultimatum none of these bands is really well-known. In fact, I'd only heard of Catch 22 before that album came out.

Has any of the more famous bands ever covered Testament (live or in studio)? I'm sure I've heard some bigger bands do it. As soon as I remember any, I'll post it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit, this thread was obviously to be entitled "Testament covers" but I've messed it up somehow. Anyone knows how to edit thread names?

As for live covers, I've always really enjoyed Chanisaw's take on Over the Wall:

I've also always found this interpretation of Legions of the Dead very enjoyable:

Since we're at covers that are pretty distant from the original, this comes to mind:

RTS has to be one of their most frequently covered songs (along with Into the pit, Over the wall, Alone in the dark, First strike, Preacher, DNR and Low).

You gotta love it when the crowd sings along:

Still searching for some covers by serious bands, but the little ones can be pretty intense too:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-DrrrDHHP8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-DrrrDHHP8[/ame]

Ok, last post for today (I'll probably end up being the only person visiting this thread anyway ;)). Did anyone know that in addition to THE NEW ORDER - which we know thanks to Erik1987 - there's a shitload of Testament tribute bands all over the world?