TESTAMENT's ALEX SKOLNICK Condemns WILL SMITH For Hitting CHRIS ROCK At Oscars

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
TESTAMENT's Alex Skolnick has condemned Will Smith for smacking Chris Rock at the 2022 Academy Awards. The guitarist reacted a short time after Smith, 53, interrupted the 57-year-old comedian's introduction of "Best Documentary" with a slap across the face. The altercation came after Rock made a joke about Smith's wife Jada Pinkett Smith, saying, "Jada, I love ya. G.I. Jane 2, can't wait to see ya," an apparent reference to the actress's bald hairstyle as she lives with the autoimmune disorder alopecia, which attacks follicles resulting in bald spots and hair loss. Pinkett Smith could be seen rolling her eyes, before the camera cut back to Rock, while Will Smith initially laughed from his seat. Shortly after, however, Smith's mood changed as he walked up to Rock and struck him across the face with an open hand. "Oh wow," Rock said as Smith made his way back to his seat. "Will Smith just smacked the shit out of me," the host said. "Keep my wife's name out your fucking mouth!" Smith yelled up to the stage at Rock after taking his seat again. "Wow, dude, it was a G.I. Jane joke," said Rock — to which Smith replied once again, "Keep my wife's name out your fucking mouth!" Later in the night, Smith won the "Best Actor" award for his starring role in "King Richard". He addressed incident in his acceptance speech by apologizing to the Academy and his fellow actors for the altercation but failing to mention Rock by name. "I want to apologize to the Academy. I want to apologize to all my fellow nominees," Smith said in part. He added: "Art imitates life: I look like the crazy father. Just like they said about Richard Williams. But love will make you do crazy things." Last night, Skolnick shared a clip of the incident on Twitter and wrote: "I missed #Oscars2022 & a whole lot apparently. Quick thought: Wasn't he the 'nice' rapper? Meanwhile 'scary' rappers have great senses of humor, ie IceT & Snoop (his IG is LOL FUNNY). C'mon #WillSmith. You don't have to like #ChrisRock 's joke but an ugly meltdown? Violence? Wtf?" Earlier today, Skolnick returned to hsi Twitter and added the following comment: "#WillSmith's overreaction at the #Oscars stole the spotlight from @questlove, #SummerOfSoul & even #KingRichard (for which he won!) There are better ways to express displeasure. Just when it finally gets past #OscarsSoWhite, he turns it into #OscarsYoFight #willsmithchrisrock".

I missed #Oscars2022 & a whole lot apparently. Quick thought: Wasn't he the “nice” rapper? Meanwhile “scary” rappers have great senses of humor, ie IceT & Snoop (his IG is LOL FUNNY). C'mon #WillSmith. You don't have to like #ChrisRock ‘s joke but an ugly meltdown? Violence? Wtf? https://t.co/ss7nFQUrI2

— Alex Skolnick ?? (@AlexSkolnick) March 28, 2022

#WillSmith's overreaction at the #Oscars stole the spotlight from @questlove, #SummerOfSoul & even #KingRichard (for which he won!) There are better ways to express displeasure. Just when it finally gets past #OscarsSoWhite, he turns it into #OscarsYoFight#willsmithchrisrock

— Alex Skolnick ?? (@AlexSkolnick) March 28, 2022

Full video: Will Smith's wife appeared upset after Chris Rock called her "G.I. Jane 2" at the Oscars. Jada Smith suffers from a condition which causes hair loss pic.twitter.com/EChVHrRvjz

— BNO News (@BNONews) March 28, 2022

Continue reading...