Testing my cheap aria guitar

Nuno Filipe

You talkin' to me?
Jul 1, 2009
Portugal
Hey guys!
So I bought a aria guitar some time ago and I thought that would be cool to test it in a recording, the guitar was really cheap, was bought just to practice, something I dont do!ahah Anyway, I gave 70/80 euros for this guitar, so I couldnt expect wonders of this but to my surprise, sounds great to my hears.

Here is a clip:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/32w1lkbq1bbbf55/Parallels.mp3?dl=0

The guitar is all stock, it´s a aria stg 006, sounds better than my ibanez that had cost me 5/6xs and the ibanez has a seymour duncan distortion. Just to conclude that not only high end gear sounds good.

Anyway, I dont have been mixing for a quite a while, I pulled the guitar sound very fast, was a very quick mix, didnt even used some reference for a guitar sound, just went with something that sounded good. So my ears are far from been trained when comes to metal in these days.

Can i ask what the recording chain is?

Tse 808 and nick crow 8505 on two tracks, the other 2 tracks are emissary ampsim

That's a good example of your hands and a good guitar's set up - are the most important things in a guitar tone. Well done, man!

Thanks man, more than that, this breaks that conception that only high end gear has quality.

Reactions: sinquestsound