Testing my squier jazz bass

Nuno Filipe

You talkin' to me?
Jul 1, 2009
Portugal
I bought a used squier jazz bass and I have it for more than a year and since I am lazy as fuck to do anything, was just a few days ago that I bought new strings to put him under fire. Man, seems that this time I got it right, it has the growl and an amazing low end for a bass in this price range.

Man this is a relief!lol because I had owned 2 basses before this one, and they were not even close to this. I have to thank the people here that usually gives great sugestions.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1457645/Vida Infra.mp3

The mix is a little bit scooped but fuck it, my intention was to hear the bass in a metal context. So the mix is far from great.

Jazz basses are great not just because they have the growl and clank but also because they can be very versatile for a lot of other styles of music.

I love KSE and this album it´s probably my favourite of them. Lots of agression and melodies there, doesnt sound like the typical album that suffers from the lack of maturity, if you have in mind that´s just the second album.

Nice sound, I really like it! What type of Amp/Effects did you use?

I have a Squier here too, but it's a PJ model. What is the body wood of your model? Give us more infos about this track. It sounds really nice not only for a bass of this price, but in general terms.

Nice, I'm really wanting the Jazz V :)

It really worth the money, especially if you look in used section.

Nice sound, I really like it! What type of Amp/Effects did you use?

Thanks man! It´s the tse808 for the distortion and the lextac for that fat sound.

I have a Squier here too, but it's a PJ model. What is the body wood of your model? Give us more infos about this track. It sounds really nice not only for a bass of this price, but in general terms.

Thanks man. It´s maple body. It´s a four string bass becuse I dont like 5 strings. The 5 string doesnt sound good in cheap basses by my experience. The bass was recorded with the stock pickups, so no changes here. The distortion/amp I said it in the post above. I think that isnt very much post procession going on, maybe a little cut at 500hz.

Sick tone! Been sitting on the fence on getting a vintage modified '70s for awhile now. You just convinced me to get one asap haha