Testing th New TSE X50 - Devildriver (Cover)

kick is too loud, overheads are too quiet. but the guitar tone is freakin awesome.
what is your signal chain for the guitars?

subjective - i like loud kicks ;) i think it's good. although the OHs could defo come up.

pretty nice tone. the x50 seems to have quite an apparent sound, but i'm yet to decide if it's from the amp sim, or if it's just the sound of the 5150 it models..!

thanks,

kick is too loud, overheads are too quiet. but the guitar tone is freakin awesome.
what is your signal chain for the guitars?

thank you very much for your comment. I note the kick, although I like very much present. I put 4 tracks of guitar with TSE 808 + X50 + Le Cab + Eq Fabfilter.
A greeting.

dani said:
subjective - i like loud kicks i think it's good. although the OHs could defo come up.

pretty nice tone. the x50 seems to have quite an apparent sound, but i'm yet to decide if it's from the amp sim, or if it's just the sound of the 5150 it models..!

thanks,
thank you very much for your comment dani. my English is not very good. I note the OH.

I mix about a year ago and I need to learn much yet, so your comments help me a lot. thank you very much again to both.

toms are too upfront, but I love the kick! really thumpy, not totally scooped like most kicks out there. guitars are fucking awesome. what impulse/s did you use?

Your guitars sound really huge and awesome.

Thank you very much for the comment wusong0901

Greetings.

toms are too upfront, but I love the kick! really thumpy, not totally scooped like most kicks out there. guitars are fucking awesome. what impulse/s did you use? .

thank you very much for the comment. I have to investigate the sound of the drums, to see if I can learn to fit into the mix. The IR is made by a colleague and me.
Greetings

My real 5150 doesn't even sound this good. Shit.
Jajajajaja. I love the 5150. I have a 6505 and a roadster and I think 5150 and Mesa amps are incredible in a mixture of metal. There are many amplifiers that I like, but 5150 and Rectifier are my favorites.
Greetings

Agreed, could you share the sample for the kick? It's really nice! .
thank you very much for the comment. the kick is the Slate 5z1 with various stages of eq and compression using a Metal Foundry as Hoster of Drumagog.
Greetings

really nice guitars/bass, kick .
Soultrash thank you very much for the comment.
Greetings

Here is the video for the song, if anyone wants to see.

Everything is recorded and mixed at home studio, as well as video. With very few resources and little knowledge, guiding the intuicio more than theory, so the quality of the mix and the video is far from professional.
Little by little I will try to improve and learn more.

Greetings

Last edited by a moderator:
alquimistas1212,

Think the mix sounded very aggressive.

The guitar tone, while very good, still sounded a tiny bit on the "fake" side at times. Not that obvious overfizz/fuzz kind of fake, but there was something about it that was just a tiny bit still too "digital" sounding.

Still, it does sound better than the majority of stuff I've heard posted.

Hey great job man, I'm always impressed by the tone you can get with free plugins and a little elbow grease. My only criticism would be that the toms do sound a little bit "plastic" and are also too loud for my taste. If they were turned down maybe 3-5 dB's, I think your overall mix would improve. Great job nonetheless.

Don't like the toms like said by others before but f*ck, the guitars are great! Tried the new X50 directly on some DIs, and you reach a good sound even without tweaking it at all(except gain) !! could be my main VST amp sim sound for the future.

Congrat!
Great job!
Your guitar tone is awsome, and I was wondering to get the same with these plugins...but not possible :(.
Is it possible for you to share your settings please?
Thanks again :)

alquimistas1212,

Think the mix sounded very aggressive.

The guitar tone, while very good, still sounded a tiny bit on the "fake" side at times. Not that obvious overfizz/fuzz kind of fake, but there was something about it that was just a tiny bit still too "digital" sounding.

Still, it does sound better than the majority of stuff I've heard posted.
Thank you very much for the comment. The truth is that it is difficult to make real sounds, plugins that are not. And sometimes if it may seem synthetic. That's what I will try grinding slowly to see if I can sound more convincing, but I think it will be difficult, as only have a computer and a few VST besides experience shortly.
A greeting.

Nice sound. The only thing I don't like are the toms. Try to use the Quik toms, maybe you'll get a closer sound

Thank you very much for the comment. Take note of the Toms for upcoming mixes.
Greetings

Hey great job man, I'm always impressed by the tone you can get with free plugins and a little elbow grease. My only criticism would be that the toms do sound a little bit "plastic" and are also too loud for my taste. If they were turned down maybe 3-5 dB's, I think your overall mix would improve. Great job nonetheless.

thank you very much for the comment. I note what you advise me on the toms. And if it is true that people like Onqel, LePou etc, are doing a great job.
Greetings

Don't like the toms like said by others before but f*ck, the guitars are great! Tried the new X50 directly on some DIs, and you reach a good sound even without tweaking it at all(except gain) !! could be my main VST amp sim sound for the future.

thank you very much for the comment. It is true that the X50 may sound terrible, not many adjustments. I'm going to record several tracks soon and I use X50 only for guitars. I have a Roadster and a 6505 and I think I will not use these issues. Only the X50.
A greeting.

Congrat!
Great job!
Your guitar tone is awsome, and I was wondering to get the same with these plugins...but not possible .
Is it possible for you to share your settings please?
Thanks again

Thank you very much for the comment. Sorry, but for now I will not share the settings, as we use to record several tracks coming soon to a group. Also the IR is not just mine.
A greeting.

That guitar tone is great! I immediately fell in love with the TSE X50 when I first downloaded the B3 beta. The best sim out there IMO.