Texas bands

FataMorgana

Fates Warning!!!
Jul 20, 2002
SE, TX, US
www.facebook.com
Some of the Texas bands i am really enjoying outside the ones we have playing at MADFEST are:

PHANTOM-X
GHOULTOWN
THOUGHT CHAMBER

These are excellent bands, and You will love them when you hear them.

Hmm...there are so many!

Six Past Hell
awesome Pantera/Southern Kick Yo Ass Metal!
www.sixpasthell.com

Weaken the Adversary
melodic death ala early In Flames, they do a killer cover of The Trooper
www.weakentheadversary.com

Burning Midget
SFU death metal without the repetition with some Scandanavian influence
www.theburningmidget.com

Cast in Grey
Modern metal band with killer harmony and melody
Most of these guys used to be in Deep if anyone remembers them
www.myspace.com/castingrey

Will To Live
Great hardcore band in the vain of Hatebreed.
www.willtolive.net

I agree.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned them in October when I first started that MySpace group as well as in the first post in this thread. :p

Maybe next year?? :kickass:

:oops: :oops: :oops: I'm sure that when the band was suggested, we alreayd had a good idea of who we wanted at the show, so I admit I got a little lazy on checking out the recommendations. I recieved, literally, 100's of submissions a week. :erk: Quite bittersweet... :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops: I'm sure that when the band was suggested, we alreayd had a good idea of who we wanted at the show, so I admit I got a little lazy on checking out the recommendations. I recieved, literally, 100's of submissions a week. :erk: Quite bittersweet... :lol:

Yep, I just checked....posted about Ignitor October 10.

Here's the start of the list...

Posted: Oct 10, 2006 10:16 AM
Here's the list so far...let me know if I missed any of the suggestions. I'll add links later.

23:59
All Too Human
ASKA
Azrael's Bane
Broken Teeth
Cea Serin (Louisiana)
Cellador (Nebraska)
Dark Empire (not from TX but expressed interest in playing)
Eden's Twilight
Eternity Black
Ethereal Architect
Fair to Midland
Habitual
Helstar
Ignitor

Krucible
Magistral
Meyvn

Mindcrime
Of Infinity
One of Sixx
Outworld
Rook (Oklahoma)
Six Minute Century

Space Time
Stride
Vesperian Sorrow
Watchtower
Wolfeblitzer
Zero Hour

After hearing them i am sorry we really didn't have the time to listen to all the bands suggested, but hey it gives us a great starting point for next year. Next time i will make the selections based on not only recommendations but also the band's willingness and eagerness to be a part of something really special.

Yep, I just checked....posted about Ignitor October 10.

Here's the start of the list...

Posted: Oct 10, 2006 10:16 AM
Here's the list so far...let me know if I missed any of the suggestions. I'll add links later.

23:59
All Too Human
ASKA
Azrael's Bane
Broken Teeth
Cea Serin (Louisiana)
Cellador (Nebraska)
Dark Empire (not from TX but expressed interest in playing)
Eden's Twilight
Eternity Black
Ethereal Architect
Fair to Midland
Habitual
Helstar
Ignitor
Krucible
Magistral
Meyvn
Mindcrime
Of Infinity
One of Sixx
Outworld
Rook (Oklahoma)
Six Minute Century
Space Time
Stride
Vesperian Sorrow
Watchtower
Wolfeblitzer
Zero Hour

This list is just the start of it! You should see the inbox on the Madfest profile & my own o_O :lol:

After hearing them i am sorry we really didn't have the time to listen to all the bands suggested, but hey it gives us a great starting point for next year. Next time i will make the selections based on not only recommendations but also the band's willingness and eagerness to be a part of something really special.

I feel like that about a number of bands that came to us, namely the ones who asked AFTER the line-up was complete. BUT, that's a good sign - people are interested, people want to take part, word is spreading! I'm sure even Glenn goes through the same thing every year.

The other problem is, you never know who is serious or just looking for another gig. There is a reason for Madfest, and we would like to ensure that the bands taking part aren't just in it for a show, but will enjoy being part of the bigger picture. There's no good way to explain this. In short, if the bands are serious, they'll submit their material to us in August for the 2008 linep like I've asked them all. If they forget about it, don't do it, or loose interest then so be it. John & I work hard on this, so we appreciate every single band that has come to us requesting to be on the roster! It means a lot :) <3