TEXAS Here we Come! The Iron Maidens "Be Quick Or Be Dead Texas Tour 2010"!!!

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
Texas, here we come!!!!!!!!! A series of 5 ALL AGES SHOWS in the grand state of Texas!!
Here are the dates:

Wednesday, Aug 25
CLUB 101
1148 Airway Blvd,
El Paso, TX 79925
915-544-2101
(Across from Jaxson's and the Comic Strip)

http://www.club101.co

Thursday, Aug 26
REPUBLIC LIVE
301 W. 5th St.
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 480-9888
http://www.myspace.com/extrememetalfestsa
http://www.myspace.com/republicliveaustin

Friday, Aug 27
HOUSE OF BLUES
1204 Caroline Street
Houston, TX 77002-6931
(713) 652-5837
www.houseofblues.com
With our good friends "AC/DShe"

Saturday, Aug 28
HOUSE OF BLUES
2200 North Lamar Street
Dallas, TX 75202-1006
(214) 978-2583

www.houseofblues.com With our good friends "AC/DShe"

Sunday, Aug 29
BACKSTAGE LIVE
1305 E. Houston St.
San Antonio, TX
210-698-2829
http://www.myspace.com/extrememetalfestsahttp://www.backstagelivesa.com/

We have a boatload of interviews and appearances set up. I will post details shortly!! Y'all check back now, ya hear?? :Spin:

Sweet tour for Texas! I was at the Backstage Live after the San Antonio Maiden show in June and was surprised to see that TIMs were coming there in August. There were postcard sized flyers there advertising the show. Hope you get a big crowd.

I just realized nobody even posted a peep about the Texas Be Quick or Be Dead Tour!!!! The Texas tour was amazing!!!!!!! I know there are links all over facebook from interviews and live performances we did so please post them if you have the linky before I can find them!!

We had the luxury of travelling in a HUGE 40 ft RV/tour bus. Awesome!!! It had a huge bed in the back, 2 bathrooms and a fridge and cooking facilities! I meant to get a pic of it but unfortunately I never did!!

We saw a lot of old friends along the way and made a lot of new ones too.

There were classic thunder and lightening storms on the ride home that were just too amazing to watch, and this is from someone who is not particularly fond of lightning! ;)

I'm kinda scattered at the moment but wanted to get this up before I had to leave again and neglect it another week!

Girls............guys..........post your stories and pics! :Smokin:

Girls............guys..........post your stories and pics! :Smokin:

40993_493116559907_728344907_7012171_2439850_n.jpg

My buddy Robert in Dallas with 4/5ths of the band. Where was Courtney?? :err:
He enjoyed both The Maidens and AC/DShe and complimented you on the set list as well.

haha I love this awesome and seemingly candid pic! But where is Courtney?

I like how you and Wanda are looking at the camera but Kirsten and Linda seem a bit distracted. :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here is my friends review pasted from another board:

All I can say is WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! Really difficult to describe how much I enjoyed this gig, but what a night of rock n roll. Two great tribute bands, on first row all night, got set lists from the stage, and pictures with members of the bands. A great night!

I have been wanting to see the Iron Maidens for several years now, even had looked at planning a trip to Vegas to see them, (still may do that next summer) but they finally did a Texas tour. 5 cities in 5 nights.

The ladies in both of these bands are incredible players. Both bands were energetic working the stage like professionals, and the vocalist in each band was amazing. The ACDshe singer probably sounded more like Bon Scott than the Maidens vocalist did Bruce but it’s an easier voice to mimic. That doesn’t mean the Maiden’s vocalist had any shortcomings. She had the pips and charisma to match.

The set list by both bands was the best part of the night. Hearing Alexander the Great live for the first time made the night, but also having songs like Sea of madness in addition to Maiden classics played made it even better. Honestly, these girls put together better sets than the boys do. The Maidens brought out 6 or 7 different versions of Eddie during the show.

The ACDshe set was just as good. I prefer the Bon Scott era tunes so this was great to me. Would have liked to have heard Jailbreak or couple of others, but cant really complain. It was a solid and entertaining set.

It was one of the best show I have seen this year. Sadly though the turn out wasn’t so good. Maybe 200-250 total. Crowd was interesting. There were some hardcore Maiden fans, some ACDC fans, and during the ACDshe set about 20 lesbians hit the front of the stage. It was an interesting but fun mix of people. There were 2 girls flashing their breast at the band. Very funny!

I hope I see both of these bands again.

IRON MAIDENS SET LIST:

ACES HIGH
2 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT
WASTED YEARS
REVELATIONS
WICKERMAN
HEAVEN CAN WAIT
THE EVIL THAT MEN DO
ALEXANDER THE GREAT
NUMBER OF THE BEAST
SEA OF MADNESS
RUNNING FREE
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
HALLOWED BE THY NAME
TROOPER
RUN TO THE HILLS

AC/DSHE SET LIST:

BAD BOY BOOGIE
TNT
WALK ALL OVER YOU
SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES
SIN CITY
KICKED IN THE TEETH
PROBLEM CHILD
BEATING AROUND THE BUSH
HIGHWAY TO HELL
THE JACK
RIFF RAFF
HIGH VOLTAGE
WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE
DIRTY DEEDS
IF YOU WANT BLOOD
LET THERE BE ROCK

HPIM3250.jpg

Dude in the corner of the pic looks like he could be Dennis' brother.

HPIM3259.jpg

HPIM3280.jpg

HPIM3281.jpg

and AC/DShe:

HPIM3291.jpg

HELL YEAH, FUKKIN GREAT TIME IN GOOD OL' TEXAS!!!!! But now I'm seriously spoiled by that tour bus! :lol: And despite going on very late during weeknights (including finishing our San Antonio set after 3 am on Sunday night), the crowds were great. And what a treat to play not one but TWO House of Blues venues! I know I missed getting to try some great vegan food in Austin and Dallas, but I DID get to meet my love's parents and brother so that was a very special highlight for me. Ah, so many wonderful memories and never enough photos...

Texas--I'm ready for seconds! :headbang: