TEXAS MADFEST ANNOUNCES OFFICIAL FESTIVAL DATES & VENUE

sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
Quick press-release here! Thanks to CRJ for being so kind in allowing us to post an announcement on their forum! You guys rock!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JANUARY 23, 2007

TEXAS MADFEST ANNOUNCES OFFICIAL FESTIVAL DATES & VENUE

Forgetta Bout It ("FBI Rock Club #1") in Houston, TX is confirmed as the venue for Texas Madfest 2007 The dates of the festival will be July 13th and 14th. The venue holds approximately 600 attendees and is renowned for hosting some of the best shows in the local scene.

After moving the festival from Michigan to Texas, for 2007, festival coordinators John Cheek and Tammy Zepp are currently settling the performance lineup. The festival is in it's second year and will be hosting a line-up predominatly featuring Texas-based bands, with a few exceptions.

More information, including ticket prices and band schedule, will be announced as it becomes available.

www.fbirocks.com
myspace.com/madfest

-Tammy Zepp
Festival Co-Coordinator

Hey everyone - we've announced our first two bands!!!

FEBRUARY 02, 2007

TEXAS MADFEST ANNOUNCES TWO BANDS ON 2007 LINE-UP.

Houston's Texas Madfest (July 13-14, 2007 @ F.B.I.1) will feature 8 premiere bands in the progressive, power, and thrash metal genres. The first two bands to be announced are ETERNITY BLACK and SIX MINUTE CENTURY.

Eternity Black, featuring ex-Helstar members Larry Trevino, Rob Barragan, and Russell DeLeon, will open the event on Friday night. Hailing fom Houston and endorsed by Diamond Amplification, Eternity Black infuse heavy metal with hard-hitting thrash riffs and extreme vocals.

Saturday's events will begin with Six Minute Century, a melodic progressive band also from Houston. Six Minute Century combine heavy metal with classical orchestraions and technical proficiency to create a mood for their songs relating to historical events.

More bands, along with ticket info, will be announced periodically. Visit myspace.com/madfest for more info and official forum link.

-Tammy Zepp
Texas Madfest Co-Coordinator

www.eternityblack.com
myspace.com/eternityblack
www.sixminutecentury.com
myspace.com/sixminutecentury
myspace.com/madfest

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FEBRUARY 08, 2007

DARK EMPIRE AND MEYVN CONFIRMED TO PLAY TEXAS MADFEST.

New York based progressive-thrash metal band Dark Empire and Texan progressive sensation Meyvn have just been confirmed to play Houston's Texas Madfest. The show, scheduled for July 13-14, 2007 is the very first confirmed live appearance of Dark Empire in its history.

"I am ecstatic to be playing Madfest and to finally bring Dark Empire to the stage for our fans in Texas," said guitarist and founder Matt Moliti. The band who is fronted by Jens Carlsson (Persuader, Savage Circus), released their debut album Distant Tides last year and received raving reviews from around the globe. "We look forward to rocking faces with lots of new songs from our forthcoming release, Humanity Dethroned, as well as some favorites from our debut, Distant Tides," Moliti added. Dark Empire will be taking the second slot in the order of appearance on saturday.

Meyvn, who has been considered the best Texan act more than once by many publications will be bringing their astounding combination of great musicianship, catchy melodies and passionate lyrics to Texas Madfest. The band's debut album Splintered Skies was released by KillZone Records, generating a lot of buzz in the specified media, and will certainly surprise many at Texas Madfest.

"I couldn't be more proud of what we're accomplishing with this," said Tammy Zepp, co-coordinator of Texas Madfest. "Meyvn has long been one of the top names in the Texan metal scene, and I'm totally euphoric about having Dark Empire playing their first show ever at the fest. Fans can be certain that these two bands will deliver a top-notch performance."

Texas Madfest will be taking place at F.B.I. Rocks #1 in Houston, Texas on July 13-14, 2007. More bands, along with ticket info and event details, will be announced in the upcoming weeks. Visit myspace.com/madfest for more info and official forum link.

MM PR
February 16, 2007
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

KRUCIBLE TO BRING THEIR PROGRESSIVE ASSAULT TO TEXAS MADFEST

Houston progressive metal act Krucible is confirmed to take part in this year's Texas Madfest. This will mark one of the first live appearances of the band's new lineup, which now includes renowned vocal legend Lance King.

"We're so excited to have Lance in Krucible now, I can't even describe it" states Shane DuBose, the band's bassist. Shane, who has previously been in established metal acts such as Outworld, Stride and Cea Serin has known Lance for a while and sees him as the perfect frontman for Krucible. "We all are big fans of Lance's previous work on his projects and having him in the band means the world to us," he adds.

Lance King has been the voice in many bands, progressive and power alike. His previous work with acts such as Avian, Balance of Power, Pyramaze, Shining Star and many others has gained stellar reviews from respected publications around the world, RockHard and BWBK included. "I've known Eric and Shane since the days of ZLOTZ, and I love the stuff they did with Chris Salinas (Zero Hour). It'll be great to record those old songs and write new material alongside the band," says Lance. "At Madfest we'll be doing both old and new Krucible material and we're planning a very special surprise that everyone will love."

Krucible is in the process of composing new material that should be performed in the upcoming shows in the summer, followed by tentative recording sessions of their album. The band plans to have their debut released by early to mid 2008. "Our new material is much more mature than before, heavier and a little more proggy. I'm sure Lance will contribute to make the songs the best we've written yet," explains Shane DuBose regarding the direction of Krucible's new material.

Texas Madfest is schedule to take place on July 13-14, 2007 at club FBI Rocks 1 in Houston. To check out samples from the confirmed bands as well as other info on the festival, visit www.myspace.com/madfest .