TGE Review Thread

The 'score' of a written review is meaningless. One man's 40% is another man's 100% - All you should care about is the content of the review itself. Every score is subjective and impossible to justify - it's just an arbitrary value and should be treated as so.

All of that aside though, the reviews are all extremely positive! We should probably start a mini-review thread ourselves on the forum :)

"Karevik has an ear for vocal melody that most would kill for" From the usaprogmusic.com review

Well said, well said. :)

Me too!

lol I just read that review.The reviewer seemed to have minimal knowledge of the subject matter. It's almost like he was bashing the album for being too progressive.

.....The reviewer seemed to have minimal knowledge of the subject matter. It's almost like he was bashing the album for being too progressive.

Exactly! He didn't get a lot of things (the complexity/progressiveness, the why/the idea of the 30-minute song, the bass-sound....) but he got one thing right though, "....the songwriting. It is top notch."

Andreas - The guy is, from reading his text, not the sharpest tool in the shed. So IMO you should consider the rating just perfect. A 100% from him would imply he got all the complexity in the album, meaning that you're aiming low. Now I got the feeling a lot of stuff went over his head, and that's how it's supposed to be.

I received my copy yesterday. I didn't listen to anything from TGE, just Alley Cat in youtube. In short: FUCKING AMAZING. This album rules, this band rules and I'm really happy to know this band, this "new" band. I'm a big fan of Stratovarius, DT, Symphony X and Circus Maximus and this band it's part from me now too. I'm just fan since two months ago more or less.
The new album is fantastic and the prog genre is saved with this band. THANKS.