Thankfully, now I know I'm not nuts!!!

To a degree. It happened more vividly before I started having hearing problems, but I hear mixes in colors, or dimensions. The more colourful a mix, the more interesting and 'hi-fi'. It stopped for a while, which was really odd... everything sounded like the same shade of grey or light brown, and it made mixing very hard.

i also associate colors with albums, but it may have to do with the album cover's color more than anything. Dimmu borgir - DCA sounds brown to me. Opeth - BWP sounds white/grey/blue. That sorta thing. I would be curious to test if a group of people who've never heard an album, could tell you what color they visualize when they hear it - without seeing the cover.

I have that sort of thing with just about everything, sounds tie to colors, colors tie to tastes, tastes tie to half-forgotten places I've been (or think I've been, on occasion)...

I don't know about 'not nuts', though, you're that much more like me which just is not a good sign at all.

Jeff

What's imagining music videos rather than colours mean? It would be cool to get a peace of music up here and compare what people see with one another.

ive heard that math brings the color orange to mind. and a simple test confirms. find someone random who has no clue what the test is about, ask them a handfull of simple math questions, then ask them what vegitable comes to mind. most often they will say carrots. weird, but try it, you may be amazed lol

Hey we were just learning about this in anatomy. It is because of some inner neuron wiring between hearing and color sections of the brain.

When I listen to music, I find synth strings and orchestra string sections to sound blue, while piano is white, solo violin is greenish, and guitars are black/dark brown. Oriental and acoustic guitars sound green, nylon white, harps marine. Flute is purple/rose, and the reverb / delay makes instruments sound blue. Hehe.

Also I have heard about a more rare type of this wiring, basically every note is wired to a color, so a D would sound green, E yellow or somehting like that. Ahh what wouldnt i give to have this kind of "weirdness"

That last part is what is 'developed' in the 'perfect pitch' courses that are always advertised in the back of musician magazines. I unfortunately have the shitty retarded version of that, where I can tell when an instrument is out of tune, but I can't tell right away what a note is.

Jeff

Not going to hijack the thread but what do you guys think? Is it possible to train a perfect pitch through some of these courses, or are they just a trap?

ackbar_its_a_trap.jpg