Thanks and Gratitude

HaloSlayer

Feb 5, 2008
Pasadena Maryland USA
I just want to say thanks and show my gratitude to the band for another great album. My son and I will enjoy this for a very long time. I would also like to say thanks for keeping the price so low. I picked the cd up yesterday at FYE for only $13.99. Considering most new cds cost $18 to $20, this was a great deal. Plus the bonus dvd made it almost a steal. Most cds with bonus discs cost $25 to $30.

I hope you guys know what your music means to us fans. There is not a lot my son and I have in common. Other than football (American) and video games there is not much else except metal. I know you have your own reasons for what you write and what you perform and enhancing a father son relationship is probably not one of them. But I would still like to thank you for it anyway. We have seen you guys in concert twice and will going to see you again soon.

Thanks again for all the great tunes.

That's the nice thing about underground bands, their stuff is actually affordable. Funny story about that actually, I went to my local record store to pick up the album yesterday, and the price tag they stuck on the the CD said $14.99. So I take it up to the front counter, the clerk rang it up and she only charged me $14.06. I'm trying to figure out what happened exactly, but I aint arguing.:lol:

This thread made me chuckle and choked me up. My ten year old son is high functioning autistic and one of the things that helps him get through the day at school is what the therapists call "deep pressure" through the use of things like weighted vests. Another way of providing him with this pressure we discovered is a pounding bass drum vibrating his chest, so part of our daily routine is Amon Amarth blasting on the car stereo on the way to school every morning, which is a twenty minute drive. It helps him to stay calm as he begins a day otherwise riddled with anxiety and fear.

So yeah guys, thanks for what you do. It's a strange thing to say about death metal, but your music touches and helps people in ways you certainly never intended and probably never imagined.

That is interesting.

To be honest, my son and I have different tastes in metal for the most part. He swings more to the bands that have total black vocals (vocals I can't understand). But Amon Amarth, Absense, Testament, Edge of Sanity and King Diamond are the ones we pretty much like together. We try to make any show that is in driving distance of us.

Don't get me wrong. I like his other bands as well (Dying Fetus, Vader, Cephelage Carnage *no idea if I spelled that right* and Old Mans Child) but i prefer vocals I can understand and songs that tell stories like Amon Amarth, King Diamond and the such.

:Smug:

Death Metal music is amazing in its own special ways! My wife always gets jealous when I get to meet all these bands and get stuff autographed! Some CD packaging from the Nuclear Blast catalog has been very cool as well. The problem is that she is totally into rap/hiphop(crap). Most of her music CD's come plain packaged with nothing special. And of course it is almost near impossible for her to get the same experience I can get with death metal! When my AA package came in the mail, I immediately showed her the very nice looking poster of the "twilight" album cover! Now I want some of the newer shirts that are out! CHEERS ALL!

:headbang:

The problem is that she is totally into rap/hiphop(crap).

I'm sorry.

My mom generally listens to stuff like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Foo Fighters but she actually likes how Amon Amarth sounds and she's going with me to the show tonight.

I'm a mother of 4 kids ( 6-10-12-14 years). I'm 40 and getting back on bench school. Studying for becoming lung therapist. Sometimes it's very hard. Every morning stucking in traffic for an hour or more I listen AA. It's like a drug. It gives me the energy to start the day. When I become discouraged i turn my cd on and windows are shaking. After i feel calm and soothed. The lyrics and melodys help me very much, you can't imagine how important this group is to me.

AA - rocking the 35+ crowd!
Who woulda thunk it.
My mom gets freaked out by Johan's vocals tbh.

I just want to say thanks and show my gratitude to the band for another great album. My son and I will enjoy this for a very long time. I would also like to say thanks for keeping the price so low. I picked the cd up yesterday at FYE for only $13.99. Considering most new cds cost $18 to $20, this was a great deal. Plus the bonus dvd made it almost a steal. Most cds with bonus discs cost $25 to $30.

I hope you guys know what your music means to us fans. There is not a lot my son and I have in common. Other than football (American) and video games there is not much else except metal. I know you have your own reasons for what you write and what you perform and enhancing a father son relationship is probably not one of them. But I would still like to thank you for it anyway. We have seen you guys in concert twice and will going to see you again soon.

Thanks again for all the great tunes.

Fantasic post, Furious George's too... Very, VERY well said guys! :headbang:

My dad and share similar taste in music minus death/black/extreme/etc metal vocals. For example, he loves Opeth's music and Mikaels clean voice but he hates his growled vocals. The same goes for Amon Amarth and most of the other bands I listen to. The only band he doesn't like musically is Meshuggah, he dislikes the lack of melody.

AA - rocking the 35+ crowd!
Who woulda thunk it.

What's so surprising about that? Ted is the youngest guy in the band and he's 34. My wife and I are both 37 and are both very into Amon Amarth.

There are a lot of us in the 35-45 age range who have been listening to what is now known as extreme metal since its inception. I was in high school when Slayer and Venom were paving the way for bands like Death and Possessed to push the boundaries even further and create death metal. We remember when Mercyful Fate was something unique and strange, before Bathory and Dimmu Borgir. I can even remember when Cradle of Filth didn't seem like a caricature. Hell, my teenaged daughter would never have heard of Amon Amarth if I hadn't introduced her to them.

Us old farts aren't all sitting around replaying old Ratt and Poision albums (I shudder at the thought) reminiscing about the bad old days. A rare few of us actually like good music. :headbang:

Hell, half of us in the 30+ bracket were introduced to metal by our own parents. Well, at least proto-metal/hard rock... Sabbath, Priest, Ozzy, early Metallica, Motorhead, etc.

Wow i never knew how many people are between 30 and 40 on this forum. That's fuckin awesome. Almost makes me feel like the youngest one on the forum and im 24 but compared to people above I am young. My gf is way older then me but looks like she's still in her late 20's but when there's love there's love. For example last year i was dyin to get my arm bracers signed by AA. I was tryin for awhile but in philly my gf (whos on the roadrunner street team) talked Olavi into gettin the rest of the guys (who were ALREADY on the bus) to come out and sign my bracers and take pics. THAT IS LOVE THERE. Not to mention it was a light rain and kinda chilly since it was fuckin December, but my buddy Greg who was there with us held the umbrella as each one came off the bus to sign. THAT DAY FUCKIN RULED! If she wasn't there my bracers would still not be complete. It's great how Amon Amarth and music in general brings us closer to the ones we love.

I'm a mother of 4 kids ( 6-10-12-14 years). I'm 40 and getting back on bench school. Studying for becoming lung therapist. Sometimes it's very hard. Every morning stucking in traffic for an hour or more I listen AA. It's like a drug. It gives me the energy to start the day. When I become discouraged i turn my cd on and windows are shaking. After i feel calm and soothed. The lyrics and melodys help me very much, you can't imagine how important this group is to me.

Well, so much for people thinking metal is for weirdos, soap dodgers and insensitive people.

I had noticed when I went to gigs that there is plenty of father and son groups and this thread corroborates it (our usual gig colleagues are two brothers in their late 20s and their mum who is in her 60s!) I am 28 so no kiddies running around just yet, but when they are old enough, my man and I will definitely bring them out whenever AA and any other decent band is in town.

Extreme metal in general and Amon Amarth in particular have been great to me too- like Corinne here I went back to uni last year and did a really demanding teaching course. Which was... quite bloody hard. Letting off steam when the going got tough became a necesity... And celebrating when it went well was quite good too :headbang: With good music and the support of friends, you can face the world.

And the respect of pupils when they find out ("Miss, you are a mosher too!" had me smiling for days) Is quite cool too.