Thanks and Gratitude

I'm a mother of 4 kids ( 6-10-12-14 years). I'm 40 and getting back on bench school. Studying for becoming lung therapist. Sometimes it's very hard. Every morning stucking in traffic for an hour or more I listen AA. It's like a drug. It gives me the energy to start the day. When I become discouraged i turn my cd on and windows are shaking. After i feel calm and soothed. The lyrics and melodys help me very much, you can't imagine how important this group is to me.

that's very cool of what you're listening and doing, school that is

LaSTofTHeViKIngs: u think ur young? i just turned 17 a few months ago :D

@ the OP: its really great to hear that AA has done such a great thing for you. i wish that my dad liked ANY of the music that i listen to. whenever i put on some metal the first words out of his mouth are (essentially) "turn that crap off.....please." my mom actually seems to like AA a little bit. she thinks that Johan's vocals sound like "what a wolf would sound like if it could talk." which i think is pretty bad ass.

i just wish that my parents would actually let me go to shows. for the most part its because most of the shows that i want to go to are during the week and i have to get up at fucking 6am for school (god damned high school!). the other reason is that both of them are pretty opposed to me associating myself with "hardcore metal fans" cuz they think that they are creepy and generally unsavory individuals (oh how wrong they are!).

BLARGAG!!! out!

@ the OP: its really great to hear that AA has done such a great thing for you. i wish that my dad liked ANY of the music that i listen to. whenever i put on some metal the first words out of his mouth are (essentially) "turn that crap off.....please." my mom actually seems to like AA a little bit. she thinks that Johan's vocals sound like "what a wolf would sound like if it could talk." which i think is pretty bad ass.

i just wish that my parents would actually let me go to shows. for the most part its because most of the shows that i want to go to are during the week and i have to get up at fucking 6am for school (god damned high school!). the other reason is that both of them are pretty opposed to me associating myself with "hardcore metal fans" cuz they think that they are creepy and generally unsavory individuals (oh how wrong they are!).

BLARGAG!!! out!

I turned 17 in January, so I'm pretty much in a similar situation as you. My dad doesn't tell me to turn it off, but he doesn't show any appreciation for it. My mom, on the other hand, is fucking badass. She was headbanging as much as I was at the Anaheim show. My mom didn't want me to go to this show alone so I suggested that she went and she agreed. We didn't get home until 12 and I had to wake up at 6 the next day for school too. My parents know much too little about me to associate me with any one group, which I think is pretty awesome because they never know what I'll do next and they never say I can't go do something, because it's always something new to them. If you live anywhere near me, you should tag along with me next time my mom and I go to an Amon Amarth show.

Now back on topic...

Amon Amarth's music has done a lot for me too. To me, their music isn't just sound, it actually means something because they have meaningful lyrics about something that I respect and enjoy learning about: vikings and Norse mythology. I understand the meaning of the songs, so maybe the music means more to me because I can actually relate to it, unlike someone who knows nothing of the vikings. A lot of their songs also take me through emotional peaks and valleys. I've recently had feelings of depression because 2 of my friends died, my girlfriend cheated on me, I was stabbed in the back by 3 of the people I trusted most, and all of this happened over the summer. The only things I have left to live for are Amon Amarth and my mom. At that show I forgot about all of my bad feelings, I just got fully into the music. I think it means a lot when a band can do that to someone.

VinlandViking: first im gonna have to say that that REALLY sux, and i cant even imagine what it must fell like to have something like that happen. second, i dont even think that i live in the same continent as you. i live in boulder colorado USA (home of hippies and folk music). but it was a mighty generous offer, and if im ever in finland, ill be sure to let you know.

VinlandViking: first im gonna have to say that that REALLY sux, and i cant even imagine what it must fell like to have something like that happen. second, i dont even think that i live in the same continent as you. i live in boulder colorado USA (home of hippies and folk music). but it was a mighty generous offer, and if im ever in finland, ill be sure to let you know.

Thanks for your generousity. I really don't know what I would do if I didn't have Amon Amarth to calm me and make me think of better times and help me vent my anger.

I'm just a little west of your homeland, though. I live in a town on the bank of the Ana river in Southern California.

well then, getting to cali is MUCH easier than getting to finland. i saw vinland in ur "location" and though "finland". guess that was silly of me, but whatever. i *might* be coming out to cali over this upcoming summer (not sure, but one can always dream). if that happens, ill let u know and we can possibly meet up. that'd be sweet. how far away do you live from LA?

I live about an hour to two hours away from LA depending on the (damn) traffic.

Hopefully Amon Amarth is back in Vinland next summer. I really want to see them again.

yeah, thatd be pretty sweet. and by then ill be 18 and be off to college, so i can go if i have the $$ to.

LaSTofTHeViKIngs: u think ur young? i just turned 17 a few months ago :D

BLARGAG!!! out!

My son gets up that early to but I take him anyway. He knows he has to go to school the next day or he will not be able to go to a week night show again. He's a good kid and gets good grades. I don't see why I can't reward that with a weeknight show as long as he does not abuse my trust.

As for the wierdos at the show. Hell, they would prabably consider me one of them. A 6'2" 200 lb 37 year old at a metal show full of teenagers, they probably think I am some perv.

I would probably like AA even if I did not have a son that is into metal. But I might not have heard of a lot of the bands I like if it were not for him. You see we spend a lot of time playing video games together so we turn on the Comcast metal station in the background while we play. We got turned onto a lot of bands by doing that.