Thanks for all the reviews

GDOLRED

New Metal Member
Apr 17, 2006
Red Erickson

4/18/2006 9:19 PM

I would like like to take this time to thank everyone for their comments and reviews about Twelfth Gate preforming at Powerfest. I really appreciate all the reviews, from the ones that think I suck to the ones that support me. Again thank you all. The bad reviews make make me stronger and the good make me work harder.
Twelfth Gate is writing a new chapter in their book and I am honored that they asked me to put the ink on the pages.

Red,
Hey there bro. I have to admit. I am not the biggest fan of your vocal style, though you were an intense performer. You are great at what you do. Don't let any of the negativity get to you. As all know, it is an extreme change for Twelfth Gate to have non-clean vocals.

Hey Red, thanks for joining us here on the forum! I thought Twelfth Gate did a fantastic job and I really enjoyed the whole set, particularly your performance. I was happy that I had a chance to greet you at the back of the bar after the set. Thanks for being really approachable and friendly :)

Jasonic said:
As all know, it is an extreme change for Twelfth Gate to have non-clean vocals.

Don't worry too much Jason...it's not going to be all non-clean. Red's got a great clean voice, which he/we plan on incorporating a lot of in the new material. Red's got a whole arsenal of different voices...from clean to heavy & a few in between...and he plans on using them all. :headbang:

Unfortunately, due to Red's voice crapping out on him the day of our performance at the fest, no one really got to hear how good it really is...I guess you'll just have to come out to our next show to find out...hehe. :p

By the way...I still have that CD for you & I'd be happy to drop it in the mail for you. Just email me your address...or send me a PM.

Later,
Rob

GateXII said:
Don't worry too much Jason...it's not going to be all non-clean. Red's got a great clean voice, which he/we plan on incorporating a lot of in the new material. Red's got a whole arsenal of different voices...from clean to heavy & a few in between...and he plans on using them all. :headbang:

Unfortunately, due to Red's voice crapping out on him the day of our performance at the fest, no one really got to hear how good it really is...I guess you'll just have to come out to our next show to find out...hehe. :p

By the way...I still have that CD for you & I'd be happy to drop it in the mail for you. Just email me your address...or send me a PM.

Later,
Rob

Hey Rob,
Yeah, it definitely wasn't 100% harsh vocals. We all picked up on the switches between clean and non-clean vox. Red did this very well. I guess to sum it up, the crowd wasn't expecting this vocal style, so it will take some time to digest. Red is a good performer, and it will add some excitement to the live show for sure.

Any gigs lined up?

Cool about the disc. I will email you my address.

Jason