Thanks to everyone who...

Squeak

Photo Mistress
... was nice enough to let me in their spot for a few minutes to photograph the bands this year! I reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly appreciate it, especially with no photo pit and me being so fucking short. LOL If I blocked the view from behind me a few times because of me holding up my camera (hey, I was trying to pretend I was tall!), I do apologize. I tried as much as possible not to piss anyone off or get in anyone's way, hence the reason I took drummer shots on the stage and from up in the balcony mostly. :p

I also want to thank everyone for being patient about the Powerfest merch not being out when the doors opened on Friday. I am the one who was at O'Hare airport waiting for Suspyre to arrive after that crazy bird problem. I should've been at the venue at no later than 3pm, but since I wasn't able to get them until 430pm, we barely got to the venue before the whole thing started (aka 618pm arrival time at the hotel and about 3 minutes for me to squeeze myself into that damned corset - record time!). I got to the venue literally as Shatter was starting, so no time to get merch together until after that. I refused to miss any bands this year, so I appreciate the understanding. :headbang:

As I posted in the "my only disappointment" thread, my photos will be up soon. I am in the middle of going through 2 shows worth of Dark Tranquillity, Into Eternity and Scar Symmetry pics right now (about 700+), and THEN I can go through the Powerfest ones (about 1000-1100) that can get posted. Not to mention that I will be at BARfest this weekend, too. WHEW.

Squeak, were you the girl I accidentally got in the way of during Benedictum's set, over at the left (audience left) side of the stage? I think you told me to go ahead and take my shot. If that was you, again I am SO SORRY, and thank you for letting me take that picture!

Until I noticed that you were "photomistress" and made the connection, I was kinda hoping you were the guy that said he was going to take my spot "For just 10 minutes, I swear!" to take some shots during Atheist's set...

Then 4 or 5 songs and like 20 minutes later...:yow: :erk:

I was hoping to use internet anonymity for my vengeance!:devil: :lol: Though it really didn't matter and I was happy to let him get his shots in, I just was anxious because it was ATHEIST! Y'know? Luckily I finally got him outta my spot.

Until I noticed that you were "photomistress" and made the connection, I was kinda hoping you were the guy that said he was going to take my spot "For just 10 minutes, I swear!" to take some shots during Atheist's set...

Then 4 or 5 songs and like 20 minutes later...:yow: :erk:

I was hoping to use internet anonymity for my vengeance!:devil: :lol: Though it really didn't matter and I was happy to let him get his shots in, I just was anxious because it was ATHEIST! Y'know? Luckily I finally got him outta my spot.

I wonder if that was the same cameraguy that whacked me in the back of the head twice with his lens. :lol:

@ Orb - yes, I think so - I have blonde hair to the middle of my thighs, if that helps. If you knocked me, that's okay... I'm used to being in the front at a club with no photo pit getting seriously crushed from the moshpit behind at death and thrash shows here. :)

@Achtu - Yah, I was suprised to see that guy in your spot for a long time during Atheist!!! hahaha Glad you got your spot back after that. I'm just happy that I could shoot over your head. :p

@ Pate - yes I got some reallllllllllllllly cool drummer shots - I'm happy as fuck with those!!! WOOOOOOOOOO! Were you the one with the beard on the rightr side mostly? The really big Solitude fan?

@Veg - Thankie thankie! I'm still trying to figure out which one you were there though. DOH

@Eae - Yah I'm still not sure how I did that, either! I think I got it on too tight too, though. Ouch. HAHAHA That's what I get for having to rush so fast.

I did manage to convert ALL the damned photos last night - stayed up until 230am to do it! I'll probably have my update in the next couple days. I'll let you guys know. That was a shitload of photos to go through. I still have to do the BARfest photos now along with a bunch of scenery, horses, flowers, trees, etc. that I just did this weekend as well, but those will go in a different update. I REALLY want to get the Powerfest and Dark Tranquillity tour pics out there for everyone!

@ Orb - yes, I think so - I have blonde hair to the middle of my thighs, if that helps. If you knocked me, that's okay... I'm used to being in the front at a club with no photo pit getting seriously crushed from the moshpit behind at death and thrash shows here. :)

I don't think I bumped into you or anything, I think I just got in the way. :( But at least it's all good!

I did manage to convert ALL the damned photos last night - stayed up until 230am to do it! I'll probably have my update in the next couple days. I'll let you guys know. That was a shitload of photos to go through. I still have to do the BARfest photos now along with a bunch of scenery, horses, flowers, trees, etc. that I just did this weekend as well, but those will go in a different update. I REALLY want to get the Powerfest and Dark Tranquillity tour pics out there for everyone!

Burning the candle at both ends, eh?

Also...horses?