Thanks to UM Old School, August was a great month!

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
Based on recommendations from the cast here at Old School, I went on a spending spree and purchased the following highly recommended discs, all of which are kicking my ass as I type this. Literally, each of these albums is great...not a stinker in the lot.

Manilla Road - Atlantis Rising
Manilla Road - Spiral Castle

Falconer - Falconer
Falconer - 2nd album (name escapes me)

Kamelot - Black Halo

Virgin Steele - House of Atreus I

Arch Enemy - Wages of Sin
Arhc Enemy - Anthems
Arch Enemy - Doomsday

So August was a great month, musically speaking.
The new Opeth was/is the icing on the cake!

thanks all.

sixxswine said:
These were the best of the bunch! What did you think of them?
And don't forget to pick up the E.P. !
And there will be a Live DVD in the Fall...

Amazing stuff! The Amott brothers surely deliver the goods. I once read someone refer to them as Maiden on steroids! I think it's apt!!

And the vocals don't bother me at all. Most of the time, you can actually understand what Angela's saying. Great stuff.

I'd say "Wages" is the best...and "Anthems" isn't nearly as bad as many of the reviews claim it is. :headbang:

SoundMaster said:
Amazing stuff! The Amott brothers surely deliver the goods. I once read someone refer to them as Maiden on steroids! I think it's apt!!

And the vocals don't bother me at all. Most of the time, you can actually understand what Angela's saying. Great stuff.

I'd say "Wages" is the best...and "Anthems" isn't nearly as bad as many of the reviews claim it is. :headbang:

I would have to agree with that. They have been getting a lot of flak lately. But I think they are killer. Still, I would love to see a really strong album like "Wages of Sin" I was blown away when I first heard it.

Falconer first two albums are indeed a power metal worth to be heard among so many Helloween clones.

With some many screechers, growlers and wailers out there the sound of Matthias Blad vocals are an oasis in a desert.

Arch Enemy crushes if you like them you should check out the band Nightrage that's
the band that Gus G. (Arch Enemy's touring guitar player) plays in their cd Descent
Into Chaos slays all. And check out Children Of Bodom!

JonnyD said:
What did you think of Black Halo? I thought it was Fantastic!
I just picked it up this week. After the first listen, I wasn't very impressed, but could easily see that the potential was there.
By the 3rd listen, I was hooked! The potential was realized! Awesome record....fantastic vocals, as well.
Now I have to delve in to their back catalogue!

SoundMaster said:
I just picked it up this week. After the first listen, I wasn't very impressed, but could easily see that the potential was there.
By the 3rd listen, I was hooked! The potential was realized! Awesome record....fantastic vocals, as well.
Now I have to delve in to their back catalogue!

The only other I have is Karma which is good too, granted ... its no Black Halo! but its pretty good ..... another album you should seriously check out is Into Eternity - Buried in Oblivion you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally gotta its an incredible album that is progressive yet still old school, I hear influences from Anthrax sound of white noise one a few songs ... but they Mix Awsome Clean and Harmonised vocals with big giant ugly Death metal vocals and do it flawlessly.... if you think its terrible I will eat my hat ... but yeah That Kamelot is good :D