Thanks

Syndi

New Metal Member
Jan 21, 2012
North Carolina
Chris,
I have been debating if I should write for days knowing how busy you are with touring and everything that goes along with being in national/international band. Finally, I decided life is too short not to take the time to say Thank You!
May 8 2012, I saw Megadeth perform at the Tennessee Theater. I have to admit that this was the BEST Megadeth concert I have attended. I don’t know if it was because of the venue or the fact the Mustaine is feeling better or the fact that the band and the fans didn’t have to deal with a 115 degree heat index which is how we saw Megadeth at Mayhem Fest. in Raleigh NC last summer. The mix of songs was perfect. It was all good.
My son is the reason I became a Megadeth fan and I’m thrilled that he thinks I’m cool enough to go to the concerts with him.
After the show and after getting my 15 year old bottomless pit something to eat, we noticed the tour bus was still at the venue. There were a few people standing around here and there. After people watching for a few minutes I asked my son, who happens to be a Chris too, isn’t that one of the band members over in that group? My Chris being 6’3” said it’s Broderick! We walked over and watched for a few minutes and were lucky enough to speak to you and get a picture. Thank you for that! However, what impressed me most was your graciousness. The way you took time to sign the little girl’s ticket, when she asked you to sign it “Happy Birthday Sarah” all the way to the “lady” who wanted her chest signed. (By the way, the look on your face was priceless. I can still hear you say “seriously?”) However, you signed her collar bone and off she went to have her son tattoo it on her when she got home. Only in Tennessee!
Whether you believe it or not, you made a tremendous impression on everyone there. Thank you for taking the time to come out and allow the fans access to you. Thank you for being a positive influence with your actions and your music. Your work ethics are impressive to say the least.

I wish you much success with your music career and anything else you choose to do.

Sincerely,
Cindy Nicholson

PS If you do another guitar workshop you /your management should to consider Asheville, NC. I think the location being 3 hrs from Atlanta, 3 hrs from Charlotte, 1 hr from Knoxville, TN plus the strong appeal that music has in the area would make it a success. Both Megadeth and Testament have played the Orange Peel in Asheville. Not to mention the weather is usually accommodating no matter the season and there are quite a few things to do depending on the season.

By the way, I work for a state agency that provides professional developement for NC teachers (www.nccat.org) and have nothing to do with the music/entertainment industry or tourism for Asheville. I just think it would be a great fit. However, if you do come, I would be happy to help.

Have a great and safe tour.